THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 10:37:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hartford - Travelers  (Read 34099 times)
daawizz
Fluffball

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 07-Jun-11, 10:06:37 AM »

pic three!!!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 07-Jun-11, 10:39:01 AM »

Very interesting mom playing with the wires. Usually it's the kids. Hope all goes well with them. They have watchers down there in case? I know before they didn't really have a crew but!

daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 07-Jun-11, 06:08:42 PM »

There are more people in Rochester that know about the Hartford Falcons then in Hartford. Birds might as well be on a cliff in the Adirondacks! So if they have problems they are pretty much on their own. Having said that DEP HQ is 2 blocks away. Anyway, Dem Birds been playin me!!! just saw 3 at once, so maybe they are hopping up and down the terraces (the area where they are does three 1-2 ft drops- after which it drops either 20 stories, 10 stories or 2 stories depending on direction) or maybe just hangin out a sight on the south side. Here's the three I just saw, the guy in the right is pacing back and forth, looks like he's thinkin about It!
also, they can fly jump, you can tell one is on top of the Vent in last pic, so hopping terraces is possible
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 14-Jun-11, 10:32:23 AM »

I now believe most if not all are flying, being 22 stories up and out of camera view makes it hard, the only sightlines to the terrace is from street blocks away, so even if I brought my telephoto lens in it would be mere dots. Over the last few days I have noticed a occasional sighting on the lower terraces and yesterday as I was leaving i heard lots of screeching, which the young ones tend to do during their first flights, Not  sure if its from joy or panic, or both, but they are particularly noisy at first. Then today as I drove in I could see 3-4 soaring around, and looking out my 15th floor window we have had numerous sighting including one with pigeon, most likely Mom unless one of them is a natural.  One of them seemed to be stationed on a antenna across from the tower hours at a time, I assume its Mom, luring the kids to practice from their tower perches.  So sorry no pics, but rest easy, unless you love pigeons
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 14-Jun-11, 12:47:52 PM »

I now believe most if not all are flying, being 22 stories up and out of camera view makes it hard, the only sightlines to the terrace is from street blocks away, so even if I brought my telephoto lens in it would be mere dots. Over the last few days I have noticed a occasional sighting on the lower terraces and yesterday as I was leaving i heard lots of screeching, which the young ones tend to do during their first flights, Not  sure if its from joy or panic, or both, but they are particularly noisy at first. Then today as I drove in I could see 3-4 soaring around, and looking out my 15th floor window we have had numerous sighting including one with pigeon, most likely Mom unless one of them is a natural.  One of them seemed to be stationed on a antenna across from the tower hours at a time, I assume its Mom, luring the kids to practice from their tower perches.  So sorry no pics, but rest easy, unless you love pigeons

Thanks so much for the update. I wish them well!

daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 28-Jun-11, 11:14:28 AM »

Well, I spent last week on Vacaction and am slowly catching up, No word on any fledge issues and occasional mornings we hear screeching and the occasionall fly by of multiple falcons. But for the most part they are traveling all over the area. I see our Corp Comm dept posted theBanding day pics, here is the link if you did not notice it, note just one DEP agent does it all, box is right below the window - http://falconcam.travelers.com/photoalbum.html -The children's museum really does not do much anymore, too bad. We actually have a new science center a block away from the box, (the museum is in west hartford), I may wander in the science center and see if they can't get involved somehow, maybe even with a long range camera.  BTW - I vacationed on the Outer Banks and the Pelicans riding the waves in single file is fascinating, as was the the soaring Osprey. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 28-Jun-11, 12:08:42 PM »

I love this face but the picture says Amelia..I really wish someone would take over the reins of this site once and for all. I have written to them numerous times and each puts the blame on each other. So I hope who ever reports will do it properly.  Thanks for trying to help, hope you make head way.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 28-Jun-11, 01:55:55 PM »

What an adorable Peregrine!   heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 13-Jul-11, 11:25:59 AM »

I need to track down my building guy, which is not easy, so I can't be sure what the next steps are, But  a guy on the floor copied these photos from the 10-minute archive, this was the 2nd box at this location, so its time for replacment was due..

Pic 1 -At 10:50, the box is there and full of weeds.

Pic 2 - At 11:00, the weeds have been pulled and the wooden frame is removed.  Nothing different in the 11:10 shot.

Pic 3 - 11:20, nice close up of shovel and barrels, which are about to be used to take up the remains of the nest. 11:30 was closeup of pants

Pic 4 - 11:40, all evidence of nest is gone.
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 13-Jul-11, 11:34:45 AM »

Oh Yeah, later on a falcon showed and hung around.. We hear them 1-2 times a day, but sightings are fewer, so many places to perch, most hard to see from buildings and street..
daawizz
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 13-Aug-11, 10:42:50 AM »

Its been a week or two since we have seen or heard any of the falcons, My buddy in the enxt cube comes in early and saw 4 of them swooping around a few weeks back and then since then, nothing. But today (saturday) I came in to catch up on work and heard one as I crossed the Plaza, Top of the Plaza building has a lit Travelers sign, that is in indvidual letters, and it looked like one was on top of the "R", Once  on the 15th floor I looked accross to the Plaza building and not only was it a falcon on the R but another was on lower part of the S, Would have been a great pic if not for the fact that my Canon rebel with the zoom lense was safely at home, Sad oo well , still good to know they are still doing well. we never really saw Mom and Dad hangin around together like Archer and Beauty so I suspect it was two of the kids.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 13-Aug-11, 11:27:06 AM »

Oh how nice they are still around. I guess soon they will take off for parts unknown, unless they are spotted! Thanks for the update!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: