THE FORUM

19-Mar-24, 04:42:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bornheim Storks  (Read 23911 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 26-May-11, 02:56:06 PM »

Oh how sad for them...(now we know)!  Sad  Ropes, fishing line, plastic bags are all killers to birds and other animals. 3 babies suffered from the hands of man. Good grief. Thanks Janet.

Just to add to  your list, Donna.  I'm sure everyone knows, but those plastic six pack holders that hold cans or bottles of soda?  They kill birds, especially shore birds.   Cut those plastic holders into tiny pieces before disposing them.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26-May-11, 03:34:24 PM »

Oh how sad for them...(now we know)!  Sad  Ropes, fishing line, plastic bags are all killers to birds and other animals. 3 babies suffered from the hands of man. Good grief. Thanks Janet.

Just to add to  your list, Donna.  I'm sure everyone knows, but those plastic six pack holders that hold cans or bottles of soda?  They kill birds, especially shore birds.   Cut those plastic holders into tiny pieces before disposing them.

It's what I do!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26-May-11, 04:44:36 PM »

I always cut them up! Too much out there to threaten the worlds wildlife without adding humans' ignorance into the mix. Sad

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 26-May-11, 06:06:16 PM »

Better still. Don't buy six packs.
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26-May-11, 08:59:27 PM »

I always cut them up! Too much out there to threaten the worlds wildlife without adding humans' ignorance into the mix. Sad

How do we educate the rest of the world, MAK?  So many don't know, or don't care? 
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27-May-11, 12:13:44 AM »

How do we educate the rest of the world, MAK?  So many don't know, or don't care? 

Just keep spreading the word to whomever wants to listen. We have to if we love nature. We watchers talk to people downtown all the time. You'd be surprised at how many are interested and how many know you're watching falcons because they think the birds are cool too! We can't change everyone but we can make a difference. It's simple... don't pollute,recycle and cut up those six pack plastic rings!  handshake

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #36 on: 27-May-11, 04:55:16 AM »

Yeah, a case is always better!
valhalla
« Reply #37 on: 27-May-11, 05:03:09 AM »

Just keep spreading the word to whomever wants to listen. We have to if we love nature. We watchers talk to people downtown all the time. You'd be surprised at how many are interested and how many know you're watching falcons because they think the birds are cool too! We can't change everyone but we can make a difference. It's simple... don't pollute,recycle and cut up those six pack plastic rings!  handshake

Your words are so true, MAK - you are espousing one of my favorite things -- simple common sense!  We can't fix everything or everyone, but we can always do the right thing.  Far too often, people don't know what the right thing is any longer, including picking up after themselves! 
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27-May-11, 09:49:25 AM »

Yeah, a case is always better!

Yep, as my Dad used to say, "That's the Spirit!"  Wink
chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27-May-11, 10:58:55 PM »

i'm a 2nd and 3rd grade teacher of alass of enviromently sauve kids (we live in santa monica ca
so we dont have much choice) but as it gets warmer and water balloon play begins it is  a wonder to
see these children on hand and knee picking up every piece of plastic--no one needs to even ask them
they know thew have to proteck the animals----it makes me proud and gives me hope--i hope the same
for you-peace
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20-Dec-11, 07:32:21 AM »

Snowing in Bornheim!!  clap

Janet sent me this

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06-Mar-12, 08:27:32 AM »

One banded.

From Janet

valhalla
« Reply #42 on: 06-Mar-12, 02:48:19 PM »

I don't know if this is the same pair from last year....
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: