THE FORUM

25-Apr-24, 09:10:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1319709 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: 10-Jul-12, 10:21:53 PM »

Don Mills - Wild evening at the site
July 09, 2012 - Toronto - Don Mills
Ann Brokelman Reports:

Last night Monday July 9 I stopped at the Don Mills site with Patty Gale. The 5 falcons were having a wild night.

Got out of my car to see Blaze hit the window at 240 Duncan. Bounced up and attacked Mira again for the food in her talons. Then Amora got in on the act and was attacking Blaze.

Over and over they were after one another. Mira dissappeared to the back of 220 with food. Blaze and Amora were screaming for food. Amora took off across the road just missing the pink building and landed on

a hydro pole at the back road. Blaze Took off after Kendal. Quest was sitting on top of 220 eating.

Amora took flight again and flew back on top of the 220 building with Mira. Lovely to see the two girls together. Amora took off again towards the pink building and bounced feet first off the building.

Blaze took off and tried to land with Mira who blocked him. He went backwards and finally landed at another location. All five were full of beans.

NO one was hurt. When it started to rain I left.

Donna Hayes saw all 5 birds this morning.

One note is that Quest spend the whole day yesterday till 5pm in her nest. Today she did the same.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: 10-Jul-12, 10:27:45 PM »

Amora flying AWAY from the window. What a great, perfect shot by Ann B

Wow, and look at Quest!!! Love the blurred background.

Really nice pics from Ann all the time!  flash

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #2267 on: 11-Jul-12, 04:51:40 AM »

Amora flying AWAY from the window. What a great, perfect shot by Ann B

Wow, and look at Quest!!! Love the blurred background.

Really nice pics from Ann all the time!  flash

Awesome captures!   2thumbsup
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: 11-Jul-12, 10:40:40 AM »

Love the pictures, thank you.
             sunshine yippee sunshine
                       Lola

Lola
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: 15-Jul-12, 03:39:49 PM »

Quest at her nest also

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: 15-Jul-12, 03:45:58 PM »

Wicked storm front moving through right now from the heat.  The thunder was so loud I jumped out of my chair and I"m not afraid of storms but this one is loud and intensive.  Pouring like mad now and god knows we need the rain.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: 15-Jul-12, 03:50:16 PM »

Wicked storm front moving through right now from the heat.  The thunder was so loud I jumped out of my chair and I"m not afraid of storms but this one is loud and intensive.  Pouring like mad now and god knows we need the rain.

We all need rain but I can do without the lightning!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: 15-Jul-12, 04:04:14 PM »

Yikes...16 people just taken to hospital due to lightening strikes, they are suffering from burns.  It happened in Whitby at a Rib Fest Event they are saying - east of Toronto.  Storm is moving east so take cover if you're in that direction!!  Hopefully Rochester will be spared, that noise will scare Orion!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: 15-Jul-12, 04:08:51 PM »

Yikes...16 people just taken to hospital due to lightening strikes, they are suffering from burns.  It happened in Whitby at a Rib Fest Event they are saying - east of Toronto.  Storm is moving east so take cover if you're in that direction!!  Hopefully Rochester will be spared, that noise will scare Orion!

OMG, see, this is why I don't like it! Sad.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: 15-Jul-12, 05:16:58 PM »

Preening

kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: 16-Jul-12, 08:58:24 AM »

Not happy this a.m., as the workers who are removing the protruding ledges all around the falcon building have started on the front of the building this morning. I saw three falcons going a bit nuts in the air this morning, so I don't think they're pleased about this, either! Will try to find out if the CPF is aware this is happening. Don't know why they can't wait until the fall to do this job. Sigh.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: 16-Jul-12, 09:04:00 AM »

Not happy this a.m., as the workers who are removing the protruding ledges all around the falcon building have started on the front of the building this morning. I saw three falcons going a bit nuts in the air this morning, so I don't think they're pleased about this, either! Will try to find out if the CPF is aware this is happening. Don't know why they can't wait until the fall to do this job. Sigh.

Thought they were suppose to do that job last Fall!! UGH, poor falcons. Thanks Kat.

kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: 16-Jul-12, 11:06:16 AM »

Thought they were suppose to do that job last Fall!! UGH, poor falcons. Thanks Kat.

Yeah: they did the other building last year and started this job in the spring. I've contacted Mark this a.m. and he says he's liaising with the Ministry of Natural Resources as well as property management for that building. I guess it all comes down to money and scheduling with the contractors. Really kind of sucks, though. I know the concrete protrusions are deteriorating, so it does have to be done to save the humans (!), but am worried about the falcons, too!

(To their credit: the contractors did work their way around the sides and back of the building while the young-uns were finding their wings.)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: 16-Jul-12, 11:37:41 AM »

Yeah: they did the other building last year and started this job in the spring. I've contacted Mark this a.m. and he says he's liaising with the Ministry of Natural Resources as well as property management for that building. I guess it all comes down to money and scheduling with the contractors. Really kind of sucks, though. I know the concrete protrusions are deteriorating, so it does have to be done to save the humans (!), but am worried about the falcons, too!

(To their credit: the contractors did work their way around the sides and back of the building while the young-uns were finding their wings.)

Now where will they perch? They liked those protrusions! LOL

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: 16-Jul-12, 11:45:05 AM »

Now where will they perch? They liked those protrusions! LOL

Well, it'll keep the babies on the nest ledge a little longer-maybe-I hope!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: