THE FORUM

25-Apr-24, 06:12:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Bend Peregrine Cam Indiana  (Read 63579 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 15-Mar-14, 04:23:50 PM »

Little Diva was back and bowing with Zeus just a bit ago! Hate fights!!  Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 17-Mar-14, 12:53:02 PM »

Cam operator zoomed in this morning and we were able to confirm Miss Diva's bands  handshake

S'cap by SGB:

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 17-Mar-14, 02:47:00 PM »

Cam operator zoomed in this morning and we were able to confirm Miss Diva's bands  handshake

S'cap by SGB:

2thumbsup

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 17-Mar-14, 03:31:04 PM »

S'cap by SGB:

phew

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 21-Mar-14, 09:41:25 AM »

Adult female was just in box bowing with Zeus.   Shocked
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 21-Mar-14, 10:57:23 AM »

Adult female was just in box bowing with Zeus.   Shocked

Uh oh!  Where's Diva??

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 21-Mar-14, 11:16:34 AM »

Adult female was just in box bowing with Zeus.   Shocked

Uh oh!  Where's Diva??

Not looking good, this other female has been in and out with him a few times.  May still be on going..monitoring now.  May be the same female she fought with before..same band colors anyway.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 21-Mar-14, 11:23:07 AM »

Adult female was just in box bowing with Zeus.   Shocked

Uh oh!  Where's Diva??

Not looking good, this other female has been in and out with him a few times.  May still be on going..monitoring now.  May be the same female she fought with before..same band colors anyway.

Wow!  I thought Diva drove her off...guess not! I think I read on BCAW that it might have looked like Zeus wasn't too receptive to Diva.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 21-Mar-14, 11:26:33 AM »

I think it's more he probably looked at her as a juvenile not ready for mating/breeding.  Even her coloring, she's not as mature as other sub adults seem to be.  Some mature faster than others but to me Diva looked like she just fledged.  She's a strong little bird but I think sexually she might not have been ready - based on her behaviour with Zeus.

i just hope she is okay and lives to come back another day..maybe when she's older.   We'll see, last time I thought she was gone..she came and jumped the female in the box!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 21-Mar-14, 06:50:58 PM »

Today's female has been ID"d as:

Scarlett 42/V B/R
2012 from Madison Gas and Electric
Wisconsin
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 22-Mar-14, 08:53:55 AM »

Female Falcon Injured:

SOUTH BEND -- Bad news for fans of the city's peregrine falcons.
Diva, the new female that had been spotted downtown in recent days, was found injured Friday morning along Riverside Drive at Leeper Park, local raptor rehabilitator Carol Riewe said.
"She was bumped by a car, obviously," Riewe said of the 1-year-old bird from Youngstown, Ohio.
The person who found the bird took her to South Bend Animal Care and Control, Riewe said. From there, she was transported to Gilmore Park Animal Clinic, where she was diagnosed with a spinal injury
"It's a nerve problem, a spinal problem that is preventing her from using her left leg," Riewe said.
Riewe said Diva is in her care now. The bird is resting, she said, and has been given an anti-inflammatory medication.
"I have her here at my home, in my hospital," she said. "We'll just see how things go. With nerve things, you look for certain results in a certain number of days … and you keep playing it out until either the bird recovers or you hit a plateau."
Unfortunately, any possibility of she and Zeus mating this season has been dashed, she said.
"Even if she recovers from this, she'll have to have some re-conditioning first before she goes back to fly, and it's going to put her too far into the (mating) season," Riewe said.
Diva's presence downtown — she had been spotted in recent weeks hunting with Zeus and was finally identified earlier this week — had raised hopes that she and Zeus would mate. Zeus' previous mate, Guinevere, died last year.
Riewe said it's not too late for Zeus to meet another bird. In fact, a second female was actually spotted over the weekend tussling with Diva for control of the nesting box atop the County-City Building.
"It's possible," she said. "If there's somebody else out there looking around, somebody could cruise in."
Nevertheless, "It's a bummer," she said.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/female-falcon-injured/article_dd506cac-b127-11e3-86b3-001a4bcf6878.html   Poor Diva, she gave it her best!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 22-Mar-14, 08:59:06 AM »

Female Falcon Injured:

SOUTH BEND -- Bad news for fans of the city's peregrine falcons.
Diva, the new female that had been spotted downtown in recent days, was found injured Friday morning along Riverside Drive at Leeper Park, local raptor rehabilitator Carol Riewe said.
"She was bumped by a car, obviously," Riewe said of the 1-year-old bird from Youngstown, Ohio.
The person who found the bird took her to South Bend Animal Care and Control, Riewe said. From there, she was transported to Gilmore Park Animal Clinic, where she was diagnosed with a spinal injury
"It's a nerve problem, a spinal problem that is preventing her from using her left leg," Riewe said.
Riewe said Diva is in her care now. The bird is resting, she said, and has been given an anti-inflammatory medication.
"I have her here at my home, in my hospital," she said. "We'll just see how things go. With nerve things, you look for certain results in a certain number of days … and you keep playing it out until either the bird recovers or you hit a plateau."
Unfortunately, any possibility of she and Zeus mating this season has been dashed, she said.
"Even if she recovers from this, she'll have to have some re-conditioning first before she goes back to fly, and it's going to put her too far into the (mating) season," Riewe said.
Diva's presence downtown — she had been spotted in recent weeks hunting with Zeus and was finally identified earlier this week — had raised hopes that she and Zeus would mate. Zeus' previous mate, Guinevere, died last year.
Riewe said it's not too late for Zeus to meet another bird. In fact, a second female was actually spotted over the weekend tussling with Diva for control of the nesting box atop the County-City Building.
"It's possible," she said. "If there's somebody else out there looking around, somebody could cruise in."
Nevertheless, "It's a bummer," she said.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/female-falcon-injured/article_dd506cac-b127-11e3-86b3-001a4bcf6878.html   Poor Diva, she gave it her best!

How sad for her...hope she can recover.  She had a lot of spunk.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 22-Mar-14, 11:17:42 AM »

Sad

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 22-Mar-14, 11:33:52 AM »

Just home from market to read this news.  Poor sweet angel  sorrow sorrow sorrow
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 22-Mar-14, 12:44:49 PM »

Just read the sad news that Diva passed away last night.  Fly high and free, young Diva.  sorrow

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: