THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 12:25:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256163 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: 21-Apr-15, 08:57:02 PM »

(can't figure out why the CPF picture links are breaking this year)

It's not an accident.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 21-Apr-15, 09:10:09 PM »

(can't figure out why the CPF picture links are breaking this year)

It's not an accident.

OK. I worked it out...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 22-Apr-15, 12:00:31 AM »

Delete the s in https. Sometimes it helps.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 22-Apr-15, 05:51:50 AM »

Delete the s in https. Sometimes it helps.

Thanks-I'll keep that in mind.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 21-Jun-15, 03:06:43 PM »

From CPF:

!!! Markham and Milner update
April 14, 2015 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages

Marion Nash Reports:

Kathy and I went out to take a look at the Yellow Pages nest today to see 3 eggs now for the Petra/Yellow Pages Falcons. The male was not in site but the female was closely guarding her eggs and would not fly off so I was not able to confirm her band numbers.

No Hatch Yet!
May 07, 2015 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages

Marion Nash Reports:

Still no hatch. Lyn was up off eggs fast to voice her opinion about us being there so I snapped a shot and left. will have to back again next week or so to have another look. Could only see 2 of the eggs.

!!! Eggs gone
May 15, 2015 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages

Marion Nash Reports:

Looks like the first set of eggs were not fertile. only 2 of the 3 eggs could be seen on May 7th and on May 15 all 3 were gone. I checked all ledges to see if there had been any more laid but there was nothing yet. Will have to give Lyn time to lay another clutch and then hatch so will not be going up to check for a while.

!!! Nest has failed this year.
June 19, 2015 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages

Marion Nash Reports:

Checked Yellow Pages. Doesn’t look promising. Checked all the ledges. Lynn was on the NW ledge on north side but no signs of nest. Found 1 egg on NE ledge East side but not attended.

Kathy

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 21-Jun-15, 03:16:56 PM »

Really sad and you have to wonder why there has been no efforts made to give them a nest tray or covered box.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 21-Jun-15, 03:32:07 PM »

Very odd year all around. Hopefully next year will be better.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 21-Jun-15, 10:57:33 PM »

Really sad and you have to wonder why there has been no efforts made to give them a nest tray or covered box.

It is sad..they've been nesting together for several years now..strange year, indeed.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 22-Jun-15, 07:52:33 AM »

A nest box would be nice. Well, they are not the only ones with no hatched eggs this year. Bad year with one, two or all eggs not hatching!

Still sad for Linn!  Sad

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 22-Jun-15, 08:49:35 AM »

Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 14-Jul-15, 11:00:24 AM »

I am sorry to read that Linn and Reuben had no chicks this year. I am not familiar with what the site looks like, but am wondering if there is a reason why they have never been given a nest box? The new nest boxes CPF has installed at a couple of sites this year look as if they provide good protection. How can I help with providing one for Linn and Reuben?
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 14-Jul-15, 11:01:12 AM »

Sunday Spot Check at Yellow Pages
July 14, 2015 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Bruce Massey Reports:

This past Sunday I went out to Yellow Pages in the morning for a quick check in on the adults before the heat of the day moved in.  I found both adults on the nest building and both were very active.  After about 10 minutes, the two went on a hunt to the south and shortly thereafter the female returned to the Yellow Pages building and the male flew over to the floodlight over Wynne Fitness.  The female then flew over and landed on the top of the Investors Group building so I re-positioned for a better look.  By the time I was set up the male had already taken off on another hunt attempt but the female remained in place.  I was able to get the scope on her and read her band number.  I can confirm that the female is still Linn donning a black 91 over green V band from Rochester, New York. The male did not return for some time and the heat was coming on so I packed it up with plans to come back and confirm the ID on the male.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 14-Jul-15, 11:10:57 AM »

I am sorry to read that Linn and Reuben had no chicks this year. I am not familiar with what the site looks like, but am wondering if there is a reason why they have never been given a nest box? The new nest boxes CPF has installed at a couple of sites this year look as if they provide good protection. How can I help with providing one for Linn and Reuben?

I think one of the reasons for no nest box is they never know which ledge Linn will choose. I'm not sure how large the ledge spaces are either.

Each side of the building has 2 small corners with gravel where I have placed the big pink arrow below...that's where she nests

I think she has used a different one several times. There is a small overhang on each one that does offer some protection...she's part way under the overhang in the pic below.

Hopefully just one more part of the very odd year it's been all over.

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 14-Jul-15, 11:19:36 AM »

I think one of the reasons for no nest box is they never know which ledge Linn will choose. I'm not sure how large the ledge spaces are either.

Each side of the building has 2 small corners with gravel where I have placed the big pink arrow below...that's where she nests

I think she has used a different one several times. There is a small overhang on each one that does offer some protection...she's part way under the overhang in the pic below.

Hopefully just one more part of the very odd year it's been all over.
Thank you so much for the information and pics, Dumpsterkitty. That is very useful and much appreciated.

I wonder if the CPF knows if there is a suitable location for a nest box, and whether the building owners would be amenable to this.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 14-Jul-15, 11:57:35 AM »

Thank you so much for the information and pics, Dumpsterkitty. That is very useful and much appreciated.

I wonder if the CPF knows if there is a suitable location for a nest box, and whether the building owners would be amenable to this.

I think they have considered it in the past but there really aren't any other good spots if I recall correctly....lots of sloped glass at the higher elevations. I believe the building owners have been very involved & cooperative. And they've been successful every prior year.

Linn just picked a lovely cliff with a choice of 8 spots that wasn't ideal for whatever reason this year.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: