THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 01:00:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great River Energy Falcon cam  (Read 16945 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03-Jun-12, 08:37:40 PM »

I hear it and mom was eating something out of the shell!

I saw that too-I think she was nipping away the edge of the shell

When I saw, she was pulling something long out of the shell! Is there leftovers in the shell? I'll have to look it up.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-Jun-12, 08:42:11 PM »

I hear it and mom was eating something out of the shell!

I saw that too-I think she was nipping away the edge of the shell

When I saw, she was pulling something long out of the shell! Is there leftovers in the shell? I'll have to look it up.

Might be a bit of the membrane left. One is out for sure-she's juggling the unhatched eggs & baby

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-Jun-12, 08:42:57 PM »

Did you see her pecking the baby? She was pulling it up with her beak! Then she just shoved it over. Must be her first time. Wow.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-Jun-12, 08:46:46 PM »

Did you see her pecking the baby? She was pulling it up with her beak! Then she just shoved it over. Must be her first time. Wow.

Some of the first time moms can be a bit rough, hopefully she catches on quick. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03-Jun-12, 08:47:58 PM »

Some of the first time moms can be a bit rough, hopefully she catches on quick. 

Poor kid!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04-Jun-12, 11:06:49 AM »

2 hatched, 1 to go!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11-Aug-13, 01:23:22 PM »

http://youtu.be/1XAaXZ3uoEM  This is one BRAVE juvie to come in on a bonding session.   Shocked

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27-Mar-15, 09:38:43 PM »

Big nest box fight here tonight, I missed it but they said it went on for over 1.5 hours.  Two males and a female all in box fighting.

And another fight earlier at Genoa Plant, two females and looks like the resident female may have won.

I have to wonder sometimes if any foresight was given to what would happen when the population came back.  I'm sure they fought back in the day but they nested on cliff sites then and since then all the cliffs have either eroded or been bulldozed for urban sprawl.  And the recovery falcons all want to nest on buildings since most were born there.  I wonder that they never realized that locations for nest boxes would be limited especially in cities where tall buildings lean more towards condos and people that pay a half million or more for a condo don't welcome falcons as they can't access their balconies for spring/summer months.  This is the worst year I've seen since I started following falcons in the last 10 years.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27-Mar-15, 10:21:53 PM »

Big nest box fight here tonight, I missed it but they said it went on for over 1.5 hours.  Two males and a female all in box fighting.

And another fight earlier at Genoa Plant, two females and looks like the resident female may have won.

I have to wonder sometimes if any foresight was given to what would happen when the population came back.  I'm sure they fought back in the day but they nested on cliff sites then and since then all the cliffs have either eroded or been bulldozed for urban sprawl.  And the recovery falcons all want to nest on buildings since most were born there.  I wonder that they never realized that locations for nest boxes would be limited especially in cities where tall buildings lean more towards condos and people that pay a half million or more for a condo don't welcome falcons as they can't access their balconies for spring/summer months.  This is the worst year I've seen since I started following falcons in the last 10 years.

I can't imagine watching 3 in a box fighting for an hour and a half!  scared blue

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27-Mar-15, 10:29:20 PM »

How awful! I hate fights. Poor guys have no where to go!!. Sad Sometimes I wonder what would be if we had no nest boxes!!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27-Mar-15, 10:31:24 PM »

I haven't watched the videos - I can't do it anymore.   tired Sad
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27-Mar-15, 10:47:36 PM »

I haven't watched the videos - I can't do it anymore.   tired Sad

I refuse to watch any falcon fight videos!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: