THE FORUM

23-Apr-24, 11:14:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eggs or No Eggs at KP! That is the Question!  (Read 28770 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 25-Jul-11, 09:52:56 PM »

I was there for about a half hour tonight and saw nothing peregrine wise.  One finch and three butterflies!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 26-Jul-11, 07:27:39 PM »

I was there for about a half hour tonight and saw nothing peregrine wise.  One finch and three butterflies!

Hey Jeanne - four things flying...that's pretty good!

Oh, by the way, most of the people running Kodak Plant are not Kodak employees. No wonder they had to borrow a camera.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 29-Jul-11, 10:06:02 PM »

I received an answer to my email this week from the folks that work at the power plant where the KP scrape is located.  They had been made aware that the falcons had been incubating and saw that there was only one egg in the scrape, a little further north from the original depression.  This was different than the two eggs that had been previously seen at the front of the opening.  So, was this a 2nd or 3rd clutch?  Guess we'll never know.  I am quite sure that incubation has ended.  Neither Unity or Archer have been on the eggs in over a week.  This has been a strange year indeed for the Rochester Falcons and Falcons everywhere.

Thankfully we've had so many other Falcons and their young to watch.  Here's hoping for a successful Rochester Falcon season in 2012.   falcon2

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: