THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 09:01:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Peregrine cam in Australia  (Read 293376 times)
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 04-Sep-12, 01:18:39 PM »

Amusingly bad timing by an interloper

While we’re sad we lost one of the two eggs on Saturday we’re still hopeful the remaining egg will be fertile. Swift seems to think it is, and is doing a good job minding the scrape. She remains very quiet while in the eyrie, so much so that an errant cockatoo decided to drop in unnannounced but was moved on very quickly by Swift who defended her ground before any fisticuffs broke out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOkGZuKFoek

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 04-Sep-12, 01:58:14 PM »

Wow, that was quick and awesome!!  clap

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 06-Sep-12, 02:55:45 PM »

Busted by Swift!

Earlier this morning Swift was caught becoming quite intrigued by the big black bulge on her wall. We’re not sure if she realises there’s something going on behind the perspex but she was indeed interested to figure it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QaxhMe_P40

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 06-Sep-12, 04:56:18 PM »

Busted by Swift!

Earlier this morning Swift was caught becoming quite intrigued by the big black bulge on her wall. We’re not sure if she realises there’s something going on behind the perspex but she was indeed interested to figure it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QaxhMe_P40

That was kinda funny!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 10-Sep-12, 07:20:17 AM »

Time frame and reference point for Season 5

Just in case anyone’s trying to figure out when we expect to see life in the single remaining egg the count-back should take us through to about 19-22 Sept (i.e. Wednesday to Saturday next week), based on the average incubation rate and duration of approx 29-32 days. This presumes that active incubation began at the onset of the 2nd egg late on 21st Aug. The adults certainly took the task to hand (claw?) by the following morning so as long as we have one fertile egg up in the eyrie we’ve only got a short time to wait now. The cigars are still wrapped and sealed….

The long wait continues

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 10-Sep-12, 07:27:20 AM »

I sure hope this one hatches. Thanks!!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 10-Sep-12, 09:10:18 AM »

I sure hope this one hatches. Thanks!!

Me too!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 10-Sep-12, 06:49:06 PM »

Me three!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 20-Sep-12, 03:04:56 PM »

No hatch yet, but we're right within the time for one.  It's now 9/20 in Australia, and they said the expected hatch is anywhere from 9/19-9/22.  Fingers crossed!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 21-Sep-12, 03:36:26 PM »

Media coverage for the Project

As we wait impatiently and nervously for signs of new life up in the ‘Concrete Hilton’ we were visited today by the Prime 7 News team and the Win TV team for some pre-emptive coverage of this, our 5th, observed season’s breeding results. The remaining egg is of good colour and incubating is in earnest by both Swift and Beau, although Beau still seems a little non-plussed at times and is keen to depart when Swift returns. Our surveillance server is humming along well, so if you miss any live action I’m sure we can recover video clips when required. We will certainly upload all interesting video clips as they come to hand.  Again, apologies to all who are getting static pictures on the live cameras; we’re pretty sure now it’s to do with Adobe Flash versions, as we’re getting similar problems inside CSU as well; testing continues. Objective for 2013 season – 100% sturdy camera streaming! The new ledge HD camera will be purchased shortly and will be fitted soon as we’re allowed back in to the eyrie…

Coming shortly – Prime 7 News video clip (thanks Jarrad and team; great fun recording!), and Win News video clip (thanks Laura and team; interesting camera angles!)…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqMqd8UZK-8#ws

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 21-Sep-12, 05:54:44 PM »

Swift just left, hope this eggs hatches. It's due like now!!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 23-Sep-12, 05:19:25 PM »

Monday mornings are not always bad news. After taking an extra day or two beyond the average incubation period it appears we can now welcome the youngest baby peregrine falcon to our world – Snow, so named after the initial egg was laid during one of this year’s snow storms in August.
Regular checks all this weekend showed that Swift has been quite unsettled & it seems she most probably heard & felt some internal movement from the chick as it struggled to cut the egg open.
It’s middle of the night in Orange so the full video footage and time confirmation will be checked in our Milestone recording system soon as possible later this morning.
If all’s well it’s a big congratulations to Beau & Swift, to our Project team and to all our supporters worldwide!   clap

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 23-Sep-12, 05:22:51 PM »

Congratulations!  hatch1

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 23-Sep-12, 05:38:04 PM »

Congratulations!  hatch1
Awww, there's the little puffball now!  Thanks for the captures, Ei. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 23-Sep-12, 05:52:14 PM »

http://youtu.be/vyS0tPzAUAc

Video 1...although Snow is too young yet to eat...
« Last Edit: 23-Sep-12, 05:59:48 PM by Dumpsterkitty » Logged

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: