THE FORUM

25-Apr-24, 02:15:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Peregrine cam in Australia  (Read 293808 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 23-Sep-12, 06:01:29 PM »

http://youtu.be/sDQTUbGrivg

Video 2

The squawk at the end is Beauty-forgot to turn the sound off there before I started recording

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 23-Sep-12, 06:51:43 PM »

hatch1 yippee thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 24-Sep-12, 12:27:19 AM »

good news

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 24-Sep-12, 04:50:31 AM »

Great video,love the sound of Beauty.My Empty-nest syndrome is almost over.
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 24-Sep-12, 03:26:28 PM »

Snow in Orange!

Indeed we have a 5th observed season young peregrine falcon with us now, having appeared between midnight and 3.30am this morning. Thanks to everyone who’s been covering for us over the wee small hours. We’re madly sifting through the footage from this morning and the poor surveillance server is steaming around the edges helping us retrieve everything we can find. This HD camera is a blessing, as well as Swift’s choice of scrape location in the eyrie which has allowed us full vision.

Apologies to those who are experiencing ongoing streaming problems. Not resolved yet, but we’re up against quite basic software apps and old machinery (being a voluntary project) but we’ll rectify everything as soon as possible. In the meantime  we’ve made available a clip from daylight hours earlier today which runs for about 6 minutes but offers vision of the whole family – we welcome “Snow” ….

Much more to come over the next few days …. for all you locals, we’re on Prime 7 News again tonight (Thanks Jarrad and Marcus once more; remember – duck & weave!) and for you radio listeners Angela at ABC Radio Central West interviewed us this morning too – you’re all fantastic!!

http://youtu.be/Jw38KBWt-80

A face only a parent could love

With daylight has come better photo opportunities to say Hullo to Snow. Caught mid-afternoon was a close-up of the sleepy, furry bobblehead in between feeds (which also happened shortly afterwards).

A sleepy Snow

Both parents have been in close attendance, and a little time ago we watched Swift enjoying a well-earned meal in-situ while Beau took his turn keeping Snow warm and looking on enviously at Swift’s raw meal. Indeed Beau seems to have overcome that phase of wondering why this small egg has suddenly turned furry and moving! We’re all lucky that Beau and Swift are such good parents.

Media coverage today

With the new bobblehead in the eyrie located up the Concrete Hilton the excitement has been universal today. Snow has become an instead online sensation in quick time, and of course Beau and Swift are soaking up the adulation from around the world and on campus. We appeared live on ABC Radio Central West this morning (thanks heaps Angela & team; great coverage and great supporters!), and then were visited by Jarrad and Marcus from Prime 7 News once more to record the occasion to the local region.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9rsrE6hCQU#ws

Written media coverage includes a good article in the local newspaper, the Central Western Daily – thanks to the CWD!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 24-Sep-12, 04:05:55 PM »

Thank you Annette! I love how they call her the "new bobblehead".  Grin

-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 24-Sep-12, 04:26:24 PM »

One good frame of breakfast before the cam froze up on me

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 26-Sep-12, 04:12:27 PM »

Watching Snow makes me nostalgic for Orion's time as an eyas, especially since Snow, like Orion, has no siblings.  What a cutie!   2thumbsup

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 27-Sep-12, 08:41:43 PM »

http://youtu.be/Law2_GpeKig

Three days with us and Snow is growing at an alarming rate, based on photos and video that we’ve been watching. Dinner times go down very well, albeit gory for us humans in seeing it all in full-blown hi-def colour now, but Snow is not leaving a smidgeon of food ungulped! Indeed Snow seems to be quite adventurous and has already been seen trying to waddle up the side of the scrape

A brief video clip here of the little bobblehead after a feed from Swift. You can indeed just hear Snow chirping away for mum’s attention. Swift is a great mother, very attentive, protective, very careful when feeding. Beau is yet to make his mark as a mentor for Snow yet though, although can occasionally be seen playing his role too, when not hunting.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 27-Sep-12, 09:58:59 PM »

Cute cute cute!! Thanks

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 28-Sep-12, 12:02:30 AM »

My my look at all those prey feathers! Swift is not a very good housekeeper!!! lol  Grin

-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 28-Sep-12, 12:34:34 PM »

Love Snow!   wub2

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 28-Sep-12, 03:13:56 PM »

Some poignant peregrine moments

Cilla’s been kept busy checking the recording server daily in the quest to obtain good quality statistics and records of our peregrine falcon family. Here are a couple of the last few day’s worth of moments.

Swift tidying her food stash
http://youtu.be/b3F6UjhP3Oo

Dining with the whole family
http://youtu.be/5vjE08aLoAQ

Beau and young 1 day old Snow
http://youtu.be/FV63kc3SqJQ

Feeding time for 5 day old Snow

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile