THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 03:28:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Peregrine cam in Australia  (Read 291318 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 08-Oct-15, 07:03:26 AM »

star star star

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 08-Oct-15, 07:59:48 AM »

Oh, that is AWESOME!  All three hatched!  Thanks, Kris!   clap clap clap

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 08-Oct-15, 09:47:57 AM »

Oh, that is AWESOME!  All three hatched!  Thanks, Kris!   clap clap clap

Great video!!!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 09-Oct-15, 08:23:57 AM »

Here is your bobblehead fix for today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRoFrWTX9s0&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36WpPRE12eo&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujAjeN8xuek&feature=youtu.be

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 11-Oct-15, 11:30:30 PM »

A couple of shots, one of a pefa pile from tonight and one of daddy Bula feeding the trio.  All look healthy and strong, so wonderful for this nest.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 12-Oct-15, 12:03:17 AM »

A couple of shots, one of a pefa pile from tonight and one of daddy Bula feeding the trio.  All look healthy and strong, so wonderful for this nest.

Looking at them all lined up, they remind me of our 3 this year.. wub2

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 12-Oct-15, 08:02:57 AM »

Looking at them all lined up, they remind me of our 3 this year.. wub2

Me too, Kris.   heart

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 13-Oct-15, 08:52:16 AM »

This brood is pretty hilarious to watch right now.  Mom Diamond is trying to sleep standing up, two of the babies are asleep and the third is poking one of the others to wake him or her up, while trying to get under Mom's feathers.  Now the pokee has become the poker, and the third one (in the middle) has awakened and stuck its head between them. 

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 14-Oct-15, 12:48:28 PM »

Here's a link to a great article and interview from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) on the Charles Sturt University falcons and their falconcam project.  Be sure to click on the audio link for an interview with Scott Banks, one of the project's coordinators.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2015/10/14/4331157.htm?

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 18-Oct-15, 09:22:30 AM »

Good feeding! Video by goshawkeyesll

http://youtu.be/Ur9oQLOciSk

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 19-Oct-15, 09:11:27 AM »

OMG, they're adorable!  And very polite!  I guess they're a bit too young to start grabbing the food in earnest yet, though.  

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 19-Oct-15, 09:14:10 AM »

Fattening up nicely

Published 17 October, 2015 | By Cilla Kinross

Our trio is growing so fast, Diamond is struggling to spread herself over them.  Fortunately, both the days and nights recently have been warm  (and much too dry).   So Diamond is spending more and more time on the ledge.  And it seems that she is doing an unusual amount of hunting, leaving the chicks on their own quite a bit.  Of course she may be getting the prey from Bula, but she’s been gone for some quite long gaps and occasionally has turned up with prey while Bula has been with the chicks, a good indication it was her kill.

The prey are generally well plucked when they arrive in the box (more so than the last few years), so I’m struggling with identification, but there have definitely been starlings, pigeons, rosellas, one red-rumped parrot, and two red wattlebirds (on the same day).  I got some nice shots of the latter well-plucked, after arriving intact, so have a better idea of what they look like when ready to eat (I didn’t think you’d want these pictures:))

The chicks are all getting fed (more fairly by Diamond, than Bula, it seems).  But I’ve noticed that even Diamond doesn’t make much effort to feed all the chicks.  Tumbler always gets fed first (or so I think, getting hard to tell them apart), then Walga, with Tardy often missing out, but usually getting some in the end, and they are all obviously putting on weight.  Feeding times are stretching out from a few minutes a week ago, to one that was over 30 minutes today.

Our chicks have also started taking their first tentative ‘steps’ (more like shambles really).  When Bula didn’t go close with his prey a couple of days ago, Tumbler (I think) finally lost patience and went towards him and the others also made tentative ‘steps’.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 19-Oct-15, 12:03:34 PM »

thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 21-Oct-15, 01:45:39 PM »

Feeding time again.  Everyone is looking happy, healthy and well fed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNjYaWBgx4k

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 21-Oct-15, 04:49:25 PM »

Today's pefa pile. They are getting around, becoming a bit ambulatory, apparently. 

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: