THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 12:41:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Peregrine cam in Australia  (Read 291310 times)
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 03-Nov-13, 02:26:14 PM »

Season 6 2013 video clips

Published 3 November, 2013

With the presumption of normal operations to our Project website we’ve added some of this season’s video clips. It’s proving to be fun with these 2 new HD cameras as the video quality is so good it’s making the video file sizes enormous so we’re testing to reduce file sizes on uploading!!

First video we see Swift laying her first egg in early morning, back in August. The second clip shows Beau and Swift in a bowing moment – it’s good to see these two interacting for us in the cameras! In the third clip we see a sad moment as Swift removes her 3rd and last damaged egg to the side.

This week we’ll be attaching the new HD ledge camera to our Milestone surveillance/recording server and we hope to be bringing some high quality clips to you from the ledge soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xYDTlRwZro#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFBpZhpGrBg#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rklmz7fDvXQ#ws

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 09-Nov-13, 03:37:41 PM »

Camera page tests causing live feed problems
Published 8 November, 2013

In an attempt to shorten the sometimes long buffering times on the live camera feeds for external viewers we made some technical changes today, which don’t appear to have fixed the problem. Apologies to all viewers for the loss of vision but we hope to have the feeds back to the original pages by tomorrow.

It’s quiet up the tower with a little peregrine interaction, lots of sleep for Swift, and some high-speed fly-pasts by male falcon Beau. We still have about a month’s window for any possible 2nd mating, but the two birds aren’t showing too much enthusiasm just at the moment!

Finally there’s rain predicted for a few days this weekend, so we should see some improvement in conditions outside.

Swift’s arrival

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 13-Nov-13, 09:49:23 AM »

Nervous step-grandparents…
Published 11 November, 2013

Orange is experiencing its first decent rainfall for a long time – great for the farms, crops, gardens etc. The downside  is that it’s brought a lightning storm along for the ride, and with a nearby hit just minutes ago we’re awaiting another direct hit on the tower itself. And to make things even more nervy we’re watching Beau sitting on the microwave dish around the side, in the rain, oblivious to the imminent threat of getting hot feet and the real chance of the tower conductor about 15 feet from him being used to earth the sky to the ground!! We can’t find a broom big enough to scare him away!! The tower conductor was hit 5 years ago when Swift was sitting on her first egg (raised in this eyrie anyway), 3 days before little Migii hatched; how anyone survived up there that day we don’t know, but Migii was a healthy, happy and well-fed eyas, much to everybody’s surprise.

Apologies for problems in opening the photos -just noticed the issue. Also have same problem loading
up new photos in the back-end. We’ll have that fixed soon as we find a new photo gallery module!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 13-Nov-13, 10:11:02 AM »

Oh my, get off there Beau!! Scary!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 13-Nov-13, 12:59:45 PM »

Nervous step-grandparents…
Published 11 November, 2013

Orange is experiencing its first decent rainfall for a long time – great for the farms, crops, gardens etc. The downside  is that it’s brought a lightning storm along for the ride, and with a nearby hit just minutes ago we’re awaiting another direct hit on the tower itself. And to make things even more nervy we’re watching Beau sitting on the microwave dish around the side, in the rain, oblivious to the imminent threat of getting hot feet and the real chance of the tower conductor about 15 feet from him being used to earth the sky to the ground!! We can’t find a broom big enough to scare him away!! The tower conductor was hit 5 years ago when Swift was sitting on her first egg (raised in this eyrie anyway), 3 days before little Migii hatched; how anyone survived up there that day we don’t know, but Migii was a healthy, happy and well-fed eyas, much to everybody’s surprise.

Apologies for problems in opening the photos -just noticed the issue. Also have same problem loading
up new photos in the back-end. We’ll have that fixed soon as we find a new photo gallery module!

Shocked

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 13-Nov-13, 06:25:39 PM »

scared blue

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 27-Nov-13, 09:22:02 AM »

Some stunning new imagery
Published 22 November, 2013

With the new Axis 3384 HD (vandal-proof!) camera in place above the ledge, and also now configured to our internal Milestone Surveillance server, we’re finally getting some stunning quality images and video clips. The down-side is that the video clip sizes are enormous due to the high resolution of the camera (that can be handled) but the up-side is that we’re now seeing these ‘macropus‘ peregrine falcons in real-life colour  and clarity, from both inside the nest as well as on the ledge and indeed outside the tower too. Cilla is over the moon that we now have a much better chance of identifying any food coming in, but we still can’t convince Beau to stop reconstituting his menu before he arrives, to give us a better chance at true identification!

Still working on repairing the photo gallery modules to the left. It seems we can’t upload new pics, nor view them, so we’re looking at an alternative module.

There has been plenty of verbal activity around campus, with some interesting interactions, and some further long bowing moments in the eyrie. Both birds seem to be quite animated when outside and there’s generally one or the other in the eyrie or on the tower itself, out of camera reach. No further signs though of any breeding so the “window” may have closed for now.

Swift returns – 1

Swift returns – 2

Swift returns – 3
« Last Edit: 27-Nov-13, 07:24:15 PM by Shaky » Logged

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 27-Nov-13, 10:05:36 AM »

Those pics are beautiful!! Clear like ours!!   2thumbsup

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 27-Nov-13, 11:33:33 AM »

I so hoped they would second clutch but guess it's not meant to be.  Beautiful camera images though!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 27-Nov-13, 05:14:45 PM »

Awesome pics!  flash good post

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 05-Aug-14, 10:28:33 AM »

For those needing a falcon cam fix, one of the adults in currently in the nestbox at http://www.csu.edu.au/special/falconcam/Streams/camera-one.htm.  Let's hope for a successful breeding season for Swift and Beau at Charles Sturt University.  They've seen their share of frustrations recently.

Its courting time in Orange
Published 21 July, 2014 | By Scott Banks
This month in Orange is the beginning of the next breeding season for resident peregrines Beau and Swift. They’ve been given a freezing month of July as well, with intermittent snowfalls around the region and below zero (celsius) nights. There have been reports of Beau ducking and weaving amongst vehicle traffic down on the road, scaring the odd passer-by with near misses, and plenty of banter in and around the trees and the “Concrete Hilton” tower. With both HD cameras up & running, (albeit the odd tweak for night vision and picture quality) we’re looking forward to more activity shortly. Just this week we’ve seen the peregrines offering food on the wing to each other, making plenty of noise and disturbing the locals. It’s all a good sign. Outside of some regular annoying power outages on campus the cameras and servers are running very well. We’re all set, so Beau and Swift, now if you two wouldn’t mind availing us of more offspring we’ll be more than happy!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 05-Aug-14, 05:46:56 PM »

For those needing a falcon cam fix, one of the adults in currently in the nestbox at http://www.csu.edu.au/special/falconcam/Streams/camera-one.htm.  Let's hope for a successful breeding season for Swift and Beau at Charles Sturt University.  They've seen their share of frustrations recently.

Its courting time in Orange
Published 21 July, 2014 | By Scott Banks
This month in Orange is the beginning of the next breeding season for resident peregrines Beau and Swift. They’ve been given a freezing month of July as well, with intermittent snowfalls around the region and below zero (celsius) nights. There have been reports of Beau ducking and weaving amongst vehicle traffic down on the road, scaring the odd passer-by with near misses, and plenty of banter in and around the trees and the “Concrete Hilton” tower. With both HD cameras up & running, (albeit the odd tweak for night vision and picture quality) we’re looking forward to more activity shortly. Just this week we’ve seen the peregrines offering food on the wing to each other, making plenty of noise and disturbing the locals. It’s all a good sign. Outside of some regular annoying power outages on campus the cameras and servers are running very well. We’re all set, so Beau and Swift, now if you two wouldn’t mind availing us of more offspring we’ll be more than happy!

Thanks, Pat - I been needing a falcon cam fix! Wink

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.”
~~Edwin Markham
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 05-Aug-14, 06:02:20 PM »

For some reason I got an error message from the link, but I searched falcons and came up with the cameras.  Try this link- maybe it will work better Smiley

http://www.csu.edu.au/special/falconcam/

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.”
~~Edwin Markham
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 08-Aug-14, 09:15:29 AM »

It appears that someone is sleeping in the NB this morning(11pm down under).  Can't tell if it is Beau or Swift.  Nice to see a falcon in the nest!  cool-045

~~Edwin Markham
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 08-Aug-14, 09:28:37 AM »

Yes, I noticed that too Patricia.  It looks like she has built the scrape in that corner, which I think is near to her usual placement of it.  I'm guessing this is Swift. She must be very near to laying time if she's sleeping in the nestbox. That is, if she hasn't laid one already. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: