THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 10:29:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 193   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 1077447 times)
ezsha
Tiercel

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: 20-May-12, 07:42:51 AM »

Had the pleasure of watching DC figure out egg-sitting this morning - it was amusing and amazing! Hopefully, someone started recording on Ustream, as I was so busy laughing, I forgot to capture the first couple of images! This episode begins at 6:30 a.m, but the real action starts at 6:46.

DC flew to top of cam 4, then immediately into the nestbox. Beauty departed immediately.

After standing over the eggs, he rolled a couple of them around, then flew out and sat on the main cam looking at them.

He disappeared for a couple minutes, then landed out on the corner, and walked the rail back into the nestbox, to figure out exactly what to do with these round things.

First, he assembled them in a relatively close proximity.

Very carefully, he attempted to sit down with two eggs in front of him and one just under his left wing.

As he sat down, his left wing brushed the egg, and it rolled away from him, much to his surprise!

First sit - one off left wing, one just under breast, one in front. (Please tell me there's video...)

Second attempt - two underneath him, with the escapee still outside his left wing...

Third attempt - he corraled the escapee, but Unity's egg decided to play out away further...

Fourth attempt - roll all eggs closer together and, WALLAH! success...

Time elapsed from re-entering the nestbox to victorious brooding position?  Five minutes!

In true bird-land comedy fashion, who shows up two minutes later? Yes, of course, Beauty!

He first explains that he is not moving, and then (because she was still sitting out on the corner), with what must be a genetic characteristic of tiercels, he does his first great impression of, "If I ignore you, you will go away!"

After resting a bit from his exhausting class at brooding school, he decided to give up the box and head for the skies...

Five minute rodeo job, twelve minute brooding practice... all in all, a great first egg-sit for our young DC!

(movie)
« Last Edit: 20-May-12, 09:24:02 AM by ezsha » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 20-May-12, 07:49:36 AM »

Great recap ezsha, thank you!  2thumbsup
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 20-May-12, 07:56:48 AM »

Had the pleasure of watching DC figure out egg-sitting this morning - it was amusing and amazing! Hopefully, someone started recording on Ustream, as I was so busy laughing, I forgot to capture the first couple of images! This episode begins at 6:30 a.m, but the real action starts at 6:46.

Sorry I missed it...but a most excellent recap!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 20-May-12, 08:07:06 AM »

DC

ezsha
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 20-May-12, 08:44:59 AM »

@ carly and dumpsterkitty - i'm glad you enjoyed it - it's my only way to be a 'watcher' from 40 miles away...
ezsha
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: 20-May-12, 11:55:12 AM »

DC entered the box at 8:53... from 8:55 until 11:41, almost without changing position, he kept the eggs shaded from the sun with his body and wings until there was natural shade in the box...

8:55

11:41

Lined up with military precision to make sure all are accounted for...

And at the three hour mark, he's still guarding and protecting them...

He may be new to this, but his instincts to keep those round things safe are definitely intact...

The force is strong in this one...

GREAT JOB, DC!  notworthy
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 20-May-12, 01:25:27 PM »

Momma's home!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 20-May-12, 04:57:48 PM »

clap Very good ezsha!

DC flew to top of cam 4, then immediately into the nestbox. Beauty departed immediately.

After standing over the eggs, he rolled a couple of them around, then flew out and sat on the main cam looking at them.

He disappeared for a couple minutes, then landed out on the corner, and walked the rail back into the nestbox, to figure out exactly what to do with these round things.

First, he assembled them in a relatively close proximity.

Very carefully, he attempted to sit down with two eggs in front of him and one just under his left wing.

As he sat down, his left wing brushed the egg, and it rolled away from him, much to his surprise!

First sit - one off left wing, one just under breast, one in front. (Please tell me there's video...)

Second attempt - two underneath him, with the escapee still outside his left wing...

Third attempt - he corraled the escapee, but Unity's egg decided to play out away further...

Fourth attempt - roll all eggs closer together and, WALLAH! success...

Time elapsed from re-entering the nestbox to victorious brooding position?  Five minutes!

In true bird-land comedy fashion, who shows up two minutes later? Yes, of course, Beauty!

He first explains that he is not moving, and then (because she was still sitting out on the corner), with what must be a genetic characteristic of tiercels, he does his first great impression of, "If I ignore you, you will go away!"

After resting a bit from his exhausting class at brooding school, he decided to give up the box and head for the skies...

Five minute rodeo job, twelve minute brooding practice... all in all, a great first egg-sit for our young DC!

(movie)

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 20-May-12, 06:27:08 PM »

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 20-May-12, 07:20:18 PM »

Dot.Ca talks to his eggs 05/20/2012

His technique is improving, but he's still adorable!

ezsha
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 20-May-12, 11:44:42 PM »

Phantom falcon!

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 21-May-12, 06:01:21 AM »

Dot.ca in the morning sun

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 21-May-12, 08:09:33 AM »

(movie)

Dot.Ca is definitely getting the hang of this egg covering thing!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 21-May-12, 10:48:35 AM »

Momma's home!

ezsha
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 21-May-12, 11:01:21 AM »

It took a bit of persuading... and B had to get into the nb to do it, as he was not giving them up if she was just on deck!

(movie)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 193   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: