THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:29:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mississauga falcons  (Read 2726 times)
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« on: 17-May-12, 05:55:06 PM »

Carly, do you have news about the third nest in Mississauga?
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17-May-12, 06:06:15 PM »

Carly, do you have news about the third nest in Mississauga?

No I don't.  The last I'd heard they still hadn't located a nest site, the falcons are there but it's not always easy to figure out where they are nesting..if indeed they are.  

We have several potential new sites this year but whether it's just new pairs actually nesting or just looking for a place to nest can be hard to determine and they have only a few people trying to cover a large area in the city and beyond.

I remember how long it took them to find the Yonge and Eglington site where Stormin is now..we knew they were there but until one of the juvies landed on a balcony...they had not been able to locate the nest.
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-May-12, 06:25:45 PM »

Thank you Carly. I was searching on Google Earth today. I had found the buildings 2-3 weeks ago. Nice blue buildings...
BIGFRANK
« Reply #3 on: 18-May-12, 05:46:12 AM »

As of today we have yet to find the "Mississauga North Pair"'s nesting site. They arent forgotton,regular monitoring will resume next week. We believe a hatch is immenent and then they should give themselves away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: