THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 08:42:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleveland, Ohio Falcons  (Read 78420 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 21-Mar-14, 11:02:24 AM »

Cams here have been frozen for several days now. Just read this on CMNH:

I am sorry to have to report that Harvey told me yesterday that Expedient has pulled the plug on the cameras. :-( We have been fortunate to have Expedient donate this connection for more than ten years and APK provided it for about seven years before that. Why Expedient chose this particular time and why other arrangements weren't made, I don't know. Harvey told me yesterday that he is trying to work something out with Terminal Tower to connect to their services, which happen to also be through Expedient.

Had I been given some advance warning, I would have done my best to stop this from happening. I will share any other information I get with all of you as soon as I receive it.

That's so sad for all the followers here.  Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 21-Mar-14, 11:36:56 AM »

Just posted over at CMNH on the front page:

FYI:  Due to connectivity issues, we are not able to post updated photos at this time. We are working to solve this issue and appreciate the patience of Falconcam enthusiasts as we work to effect a solution.

As of 3/20/2014 at 1:00 pm, SW had not yet laid her first egg, though both Boomer and SW were interested in deepening the scrape. This represents the first year in recent memory where the Terminal Tower nest was not the first Peregrine Falcon nest with eggs in Ohio.

Again we apologize for the interruption in service.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 21-Mar-14, 12:30:12 PM »

FYI:  Due to connectivity issues, we are not able to post updated photos at this time. We are working to solve this issue and appreciate the patience of Falconcam enthusiasts as we work to effect a solution.

As of 3/20/2014 at 1:00 pm, SW had not yet laid her first egg, though both Boomer and SW were interested in deepening the scrape. This represents the first year in recent memory where the Terminal Tower nest was not the first Peregrine Falcon nest with eggs in Ohio.

How old is SW?  I also think I read somewhere that she came from Pittsburgh. Related to Dorothy? 

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 21-Mar-14, 01:31:50 PM »

FYI:  Due to connectivity issues, we are not able to post updated photos at this time. We are working to solve this issue and appreciate the patience of Falconcam enthusiasts as we work to effect a solution.

How old is SW?  I also think I read somewhere that she came from Pittsburgh. Related to Dorothy?  

She is 15 years old, born in 1999 at Gulf Tower nest nest in Pittsburgh.  Her mother was Tasha, couldnt find her father's name but he was displaced eventually by Dorothy's son Louie.  (O'Connor's sister displaced Dori a few years ago)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 21-Mar-14, 10:57:35 PM »

FYI:  Due to connectivity issues, we are not able to post updated photos at this time. We are working to solve this issue and appreciate the patience of Falconcam enthusiasts as we work to effect a solution.

How old is SW?  I also think I read somewhere that she came from Pittsburgh. Related to Dorothy?  

She is 15 years old, born in 1999 at Gulf Tower nest nest in Pittsburgh.  Her mother was Tasha, couldnt find her father's name but he was displaced eventually by Dorothy's son Louie.  (O'Connor's sister displaced Dori a few years ago)

Thanks!  So much connected history! 

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 24-Mar-14, 08:01:23 PM »

As per Kim from Italy via C&C - confirmation today that SW and Boomer have 1 egg and a second on the way!!

She said they will be updating their Facebook page with the news and photos later today or tomorrow  mbanana
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 24-Mar-14, 11:14:24 PM »

As per Kim from Italy via C&C - confirmation today that SW and Boomer have 1 egg and a second on the way!!

She said they will be updating their Facebook page with the news and photos later today or tomorrow  mbanana

That's great, I was so worried about her and her foot! Thanks

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 24-Mar-14, 11:15:13 PM »

Congrats to them!  Hope all goes well.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 25-Mar-14, 05:52:06 AM »

Report and photos went up overnight.  As always, they got some amazing shots - her foot looks fully healed and she seems to be doing just fine.  She's such a warrior!  notworthy

https://www.facebook.com/ChadandChrisOhioPeregrinePage?ref=ts&fref=ts
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 25-Mar-14, 06:11:41 AM »

Report and photos went up overnight.  As always, they got some amazing shots - her foot looks fully healed and she seems to be doing just fine.  She's such a warrior!  notworthy

https://www.facebook.com/ChadandChrisOhioPeregrinePage?ref=ts&fref=ts

Yup, just read it over on fb!!   2thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 31-Mar-14, 12:25:25 PM »

4th egg for SW & Boomer 

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 31-Mar-14, 05:52:26 PM »

2thumbsup 2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 30-Apr-14, 09:20:44 AM »

First hatch this morning for SW and Boomer!  clap
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 30-Apr-14, 09:47:05 AM »