THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 01:54:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleveland, Ohio Falcons  (Read 78415 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 25-Sep-14, 07:39:03 AM »

Fly Free SW.  You will be missed.   crying

rose rose rose falcon2 rose rose rose

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 25-Sep-14, 07:55:58 AM »

Fly Free SW.  You will be missed.   crying

rose rose rose falcon2 rose rose rose

Poor wee lad.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 25-Sep-14, 10:52:11 AM »

I'm so glad there is finally closure as to what happened to SW.  She was a beautiful Peregrine, a wonderful mother to many and a great mate.  Fly free, SW!  sorrow

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 25-Sep-14, 11:26:12 AM »

Well said, all.  I'm sorry it has to end this way, but at least SW is not suffering.   Sad

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 25-Sep-14, 11:45:06 AM »

Fly free, little one.  At least all that loved you know what has happened.  It is a small comfort but still a help

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 25-Sep-14, 12:23:05 PM »

heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 25-Sep-14, 07:55:33 PM »

sorrow

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 09-Sep-15, 01:46:18 PM »

From C&C's FB page: 

Body of the Terminal Tower's Boomer Found: RIP to Boomer, a handsome, steady, and reliable mate and a part of the TT's magnificent peregrine legacy! As we all suspected when a new male appeared at the TT nest tray in place of Boomer this summer, Boomer met his demise. We can only speculate that he was likely killed in a territory battle, possibly having battled the current resident tiercel at the site, Stacker, who has paired with Newton since June. Laurie Graber from DOW informed us that Boomer's body was found on the Rockefeller Building, which is a few blocks to the northwest of the Terminal Tower. Boomer is deserving of a much more complete tribute, but for now we'll post this pic of Boomer when he was resting comfortably at the tray with one eye shut and one of his molted primaries propped up beside him...   crying
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 09-Sep-15, 02:46:23 PM »

From C&C's FB page: 

Body of the Terminal Tower's Boomer Found: RIP to Boomer, a handsome, steady, and reliable mate and a part of the TT's magnificent peregrine legacy! As we all suspected when a new male appeared at the TT nest tray in place of Boomer this summer, Boomer met his demise. We can only speculate that he was likely killed in a territory battle, possibly having battled the current resident tiercel at the site, Stacker, who has paired with Newton since June. Laurie Graber from DOW informed us that Boomer's body was found on the Rockefeller Building, which is a few blocks to the northwest of the Terminal Tower. Boomer is deserving of a much more complete tribute, but for now we'll post this pic of Boomer when he was resting comfortably at the tray with one eye shut and one of his molted primaries propped up beside him...   crying
Thank you, Carly.  At least he is not suffering.  Sad

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 09-Sep-15, 03:14:44 PM »

From C&C's FB page: 

Just read this on FB.  I didn't know he had been missing and another tiercel had been with Newton..very sad but glad they found him for closure. Fly free, Boomer!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 09-Sep-15, 04:05:05 PM »

Unfortunately as the Peregrine population grows there will undoubtedly be more and more takeovers and casualties.  sorrow

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 09-Sep-15, 08:20:17 PM »

He was so close too! Glad they have closure and poor guy probably suffered a bit!! Sad!!  Sad crying

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 01-Mar-16, 08:46:04 PM »

Yet another change here.  As per C&C's update tonight, Newton has been displaced by none other than Lady Millar (formerly of Lakeshore Power Plant).  She is the daughter of Diamond who is currently nesting at our Niagara Falls site.  Her parents were the late Maverick and the late Priscilla of Canton, Ohio.

C&C's update here :  http://www.falconcam-cmnh.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?79657.80#post_79782
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 20-Mar-16, 10:46:01 AM »

Thought we had an egg, trick of the light..no egg yet.   stupid
« Last Edit: 20-Mar-16, 11:17:09 AM by carly » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: