THE FORUM

25-Apr-24, 11:09:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1418740 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: 01-Sep-15, 02:41:48 PM »

I don't see any 'red' tape.  Could have fallen off though, mind you I've got bad vision especially in this light.
« Last Edit: 01-Sep-15, 02:48:52 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: 02-Sep-15, 02:12:44 PM »

!!! Someone new at the Toronto Sheraton Centre Hotel?????????
August 28, 2015 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

CPF Postmaster Reports:

August 28th - 2015

After being away , we’re only now just trying to catch-up with all of the back logged mail and news. Thank you to Olga for capturing and sending in this web cam shot of an adult on the Toronto Sheraton Hotel nest ledge. What makes this shot VERY VERY interesting, is that the adult peregrine in her photograph appears NOT TO BANDED!!??

After spending some time this morning with the photo in Photoshop, trying to blow it up and playing with the light to get a better perspective on the shot, it still appears that the bird is NOT dawning any leg bands!!!

If this is the case, could one of the long standing resident adults (Tiago or Rhea-Mae) have been displaced / replaced,, or simply just not at home when this un-banded adult dropped in????????

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: 02-Sep-15, 02:15:23 PM »

There are two photos they sent in and I think I can see bottoms of bands? .  As of a few days ago I saw both RM and Tiago - 2 banded adults here.  Worth keeping an eye out though just in case.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/09/sightings/someone-new-at-the-toronto-sheraton-centre-hotel/
« Last Edit: 02-Sep-15, 02:25:36 PM by carly » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: 02-Sep-15, 05:00:15 PM »

There are two photos they sent in and I think I can see bottoms of bands? .  As of a few days ago I saw both RM and Tiago - 2 banded adults here.  Worth keeping an eye out though just in case.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/09/sightings/someone-new-at-the-toronto-sheraton-centre-hotel/

Though the report is from 8/28 and anything can happen, I have a photo of Tiago from 8/27-definitely read his band 29/H-and another earlier in the day of Rhea Mae in her corner by the camera. And a pair bonding session 8/24. I got a full read on Rhea Mae's band 8/17, though that is very rare to see.

The angle on this camera is miserable for seeing bands but we'll keep an eye open!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: 02-Sep-15, 05:43:58 PM »

Thanks Kitty, I'm personally confident RM and Tiago are still here as I've seen them on and off the past few weeks and their behavior is bonding and they seem very relaxed but I always feel better when others confirm it too.  It was Sandy yesterday that nycbird posted photos of - my vision is horrid but Bruce confirmed today that he saw her yesterday which is also a good sign that mom and dad are around.

That being said, I'm still going to keep my eyes peeled ...it is the time of year anything can happen.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: 03-Sep-15, 06:07:39 AM »

!!! Some great shots of Sandy from a different view!! Nice!!!!
July 19, 2015 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
CPF Postmaster Reports:

July 19th - 2015

Trying to catch-up with some of the back logged observation reports, we found this report from Lesley Togawa that got grabbed by the new anti-spam software :-( - (along with allot of other mail)!
Thank you much Lesley for sharing these shots and observation report with us!!!

Lesley writes:
Some photos of Sandy(?) enjoying the beautiful weather today and putting on an amazing airshow flying right by our window. We can see the nest at the top of the Sheraton and have watched Sandy daily since she hatched.
Posted on September 2, 2015 2:59 pm

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/09/sightings/some-great-shots-of-sandy-from-a-different-view-nice/

Photos at the link!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: 03-Sep-15, 06:11:08 AM »

!!! Some great shots of Sandy from a different view!! Nice!!!!
July 19, 2015 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
CPF Postmaster Reports:

July 19th - 2015

Trying to catch-up with some of the back logged observation reports, we found this report from Lesley Togawa that got grabbed by the new anti-spam software :-( - (along with allot of other mail)!
Thank you much Lesley for sharing these shots and observation report with us!!!

Lesley writes:
Some photos of Sandy(?) enjoying the beautiful weather today and putting on an amazing airshow flying right by our window. We can see the nest at the top of the Sheraton and have watched Sandy daily since she hatched.
Posted on September 2, 2015 2:59 pm

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/09/sightings/some-great-shots-of-sandy-from-a-different-view-nice/

Photos at the link!

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: 03-Sep-15, 01:33:14 PM »

Nice photos of Sandy!

For what it's worth, I do check the site every day, and the birds I have been seeing there have been banded (and having frequent bonding sessions). As Dumpsterkitty mentioned, it can be very difficult to see bands from the angle of the cam, but I think I can see at least part of a silver band on the right leg of the bird in the pics posted on the CPF site.

There was a bird at the nest a little while ago. I can't tell who this was, but they didn't stay long.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: 03-Sep-15, 04:25:04 PM »

Thank you Alison, I know you have a good eye!  I saw Tiago earlier as well, managed to see his black on left and silver on right before he flew off!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: 03-Sep-15, 05:41:43 PM »

Thank you Alison, I know you have a good eye!  I saw Tiago earlier as well, managed to see his black on left and silver on right before he flew off!

Thanks, Alison and Carly!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: 05-Sep-15, 08:03:10 PM »

Posted over on FB...

Toronto Sheraton - RM at home. Can see Black over Red bands and yesterday I caught Tiago and saw his blk/blk bands!

Thanks carly!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: 05-Sep-15, 09:17:26 PM »

Posted over on FB...

Toronto Sheraton - RM at home. Can see Black over Red bands and yesterday I caught Tiago and saw his blk/blk bands!

Thanks carly!

clap

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: 05-Sep-15, 09:31:12 PM »

Thanks to all that are keeping an eye on this nest site.  So very happy that we still have Rhea Mae and Tiago here.  Rhea Mae is now 9 years old and there are so many young falcons looking for their own territories.  Very scary.   heart wub2 heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: 21-Sep-15, 08:21:41 AM »

Looks like RM at 8:18 am

Next frame she was gone!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: 22-Sep-15, 11:08:07 AM »

The nesting season has wound down and we are now watching as our young of the year make appearances at various locations on their way south. Sightings are rolling in with two notable ones. Both of these sightings come from the Tommy Thompson Raptor Banding Station at the Leslie Street Spit. Recently two female peregrines were drawn in to the nets; Ivy, who is a subadult female from the 101 Hudson Street nest in New Jersey and Sandy, the single hatch this year from the Toronto Sheraton Hotel nest site. Thank you so much to the banders at Tommy Thompson for the updates on these two lovely ladies! Both were in great shape with good weights. They have periodically been seen in the park so they have yet to move on.

Hi Sandy, you look beautiful!!   thumbsup

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: