THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:09:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409699 times)
pawsnclaws17
Eyas

Like Count: 8

Adopt pets

View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: 29-Jun-15, 01:19:29 PM »

I just checked the web site and Sandy has fledged!!!  She apparently went from the Toronto Sheraton to a penthouse balcony (nothing but the best for this girl).  When they went up to rescue her she was gone so she's apparently in good shape. yahoo
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: 29-Jun-15, 01:38:03 PM »

Sandy Fledges
June 29, 2015 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Harry Crawford Reports:

Sandy went into hiding around 7am, hiding behind the webcam camera.  Not knowing this, I did a ground search when I got down to the watch.  At 8:50am, she took off towards the Hilton and then came back east maintaining good height.  I finally spotted her around 10am.  I was on Sheraton 43 and the light was correct to spot her.  She was trapped on the north side of the penthouse of 120 Adelaide W.  behind those black vertical slats.  She was flapping occasionally.

With the assistance of four Oxford building staff,  up to the penthouse roof we went.  We saw where she was and she obviously got out at the west end of this very narrow ledge.  We then checked the main roof area but she was gone.  When we were on the west side of the roof, Rhea-Mae was seen in the nest ledge and Tiago was on the east side of the Hilton facing in.  Then we could hear her but not see her.  By the time I got back up to Sheraton 43, Tiago had disappeared.  I couldn’t see Sandy.  After checking the Hilton courtyard and one more trip to Sheraton 43, I went back to the south side of 120 Adelaide W and met up with Bruce and Alex.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: 29-Jun-15, 10:16:44 PM »

phew

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: 29-Jun-15, 11:46:17 PM »

Toronto Sheraton Centre
Sandy took flight this morning. Did a few flights throughout the day. This evening she was on a nearby roof top and attempted to fly back to the hotel but she was not high enough and circled back and out of sight. She's probably tucked into a corner roof top and will pop into view in the morning.  2thumbsup

Posted by Linda Woods

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: 30-Jun-15, 03:39:00 PM »

Sandy Found in the Morning
June 30, 2015 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Harry Crawford Reports:

At 8am, I could hear Sandy as I went down York St. from Richmond.  I went to the plaza behind the Hilton and there she was, on 133 Richmond W.  This is a seven story building.  A security person at 150 York said she was complaining all morning.  Sandy stayed on that roof area until 11:10am when she took off heading north.  I searched from street level and Sheraton 43 but didn’t see anything.  Rhea-Mae remained on the nest ledge, probably watching her.  I passed this challenge to Bruce.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: 30-Jun-15, 10:36:47 PM »

Toronto Sheraton Centre  Linda Woods
Sandy is gaining confidence this evening, taking many short flights and learning what glass windows feel like. She's not gaining a lot of height but she is trying with each attempt.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: 30-Jun-15, 11:27:58 PM »

thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
pawsnclaws17
Eyas

Like Count: 8

Adopt pets

View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: 01-Jul-15, 10:20:06 AM »

Rhea Mae and Tiago are in nest box now renewing their pair bond.  They must feel Sandy is OK wherever she is.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: 01-Jul-15, 12:02:31 PM »

RM & T watching intensely over Sandy!!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: 02-Jul-15, 03:11:28 PM »

I was getting a bit antsy that we hadn't had a report since Tuesday...

Sandy Had a Busy Morning
July 02, 2015 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Harry Crawford Reports:

This morning, Sandy could be found on four buildings:  the opera house stage roof, 133 Richmond W, the Google building and the one just to the west of it.  It was hard to get sight lines in some of the places she landed.  Her flights looked very good but I wasn’t able to see her landings.  Alex took over the watch at lunchtime.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: 02-Jul-15, 03:25:00 PM »

I was getting a bit antsy that we hadn't had a report since Tuesday...

Sandy Had a Busy Morning
Harry Crawford Reports:

This morning, Sandy could be found on four buildings:  the opera house stage roof, 133 Richmond W, the Google building and the one just to the west of it.  It was hard to get sight lines in some of the places she landed.  Her flights looked very good but I wasn’t able to see her landings.  Alex took over the watch at lunchtime.

2thumbsup

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: 02-Jul-15, 07:22:08 PM »

thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: 02-Jul-15, 09:50:30 PM »

Sounds like Cadence

Staying close to home
Linda Woods Reports:

Sandy must be a morning bird, as most of her activity is early in the day. This afternoon and late evening, Sandy stayed on the same near by roof top and I did not see her flying with Rhea Mae or Tiago. Rhea Mae was cruising the neighbourhood, looking a little ragged in the tail and wing feathers. Tiago appeared for a short evening flight around the Shangri-La Hotel and then he returned to the nest ledge to oversee Sandy. At 8pm, Sandy went to her usual overnight spot, Tiago was on the nest ledge, and Rhea Mae was last seen heading down University Ave. to King Street and disappeared.  See you tomorrow Sandy.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: 03-Jul-15, 08:37:34 PM »

!!! Patience is rewarded
July 03, 2015 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

After so many days of watching Sandy sit on the ledge and then take flight without me, and not really seeing her flying, I was treated to a wonderful sight this evening.

I arrived at University and Richmond Street shortly before 5p.m. and discovered Sandy sitting on a lower roof level in the area of the hotel. I repositioned and she was gone.

I walked along east along Adelaide Street and as I approached York St, I noticed a group of pigeons on the roof of the Starbuck’s. I took notice because they were grouped together, which I thought was somewhat odd. I took a closer look with my binoculars and OMG. Yes, there was a pigeon, but it was dinner and Rhea Mae was prepping it for Sandy!  As Rhea Mae plucked and poked, Sandy watched with intensity. Rhea Mae then starting eating it and Sandy was pleading for her to feed her.  Rhea Mae continued eating, teasing Sandy with every mouth full. Sandy then starting grabbing Rhea Mae’s tail feathers and poking her beak into Rhea Mae’s backside. Very Funny to see. Sandy then footed Rhea Mae and tried to grab the prey. Rhea Mae gave in and started feeding Sandy. Minutes later Rhea Mae flew off and Sandy continued to eat.

Enter another unsuspecting pigeon who tried to land and take part in feast along with a Gull. In flies Tiago and ran the two of them off. Sandy continued eating and Tiago moved closer and grabbed the prey. Sandy was not happy and started screaming at Tiago. Tiago finished off the meal and Sandy sat quietly and watched. After the meal Tiago and Sandy flew north and were last seen flying circles over the Opera House.

What a sight, and after so many days of not seeing much activity from any of them, it was a delight. I’m sorry I didn’t have a camera with me, I would have had wonderful and memorable  pictures.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: 03-Jul-15, 10:29:04 PM »

Apparently Sandy has taken after her mom with her foot action!!!

I don't remember seeing this tail stuff before this year.  Genesee does it to Cadence and now Sandy does this with Rhea Mae!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: