THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 02:09:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1418374 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3150 on: 01-Feb-18, 09:09:47 AM »

Falcon in the nest tray now. 9:09 am.
Gone when the camera refreshed!

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: 01-Feb-18, 09:09:58 AM »

Sadly I've just gotten a close up and I do not think this female is Rhea Mae  Sad.  I wanted it to be with the speckles but no bands on those legs.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: 01-Feb-18, 09:11:50 AM »

I have to agree Carly.  Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: 01-Feb-18, 09:14:07 AM »

I have to agree Carly.  Sad

The question is - is she just coming in from King St and poking around while RM and Tiago are out?  And why is Stormin not here if this is the King female?  Have both RM and Tiago being displaced?  I know changes happen when a long time female (Erin) is lost and the two territories are so close but it would be weird if both were suddenly gone.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: 01-Feb-18, 09:17:47 AM »

I have to agree Carly.  Sad

The question is - is she just coming in from King St and poking around while RM and Tiago are out?  And why is Stormin not here if this is the King female?  Have both RM and Tiago being displaced?  I know changes happen when a long time female (Erin) is lost and the two territories are so close but it would be weird if both were suddenly gone.

Sad

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: 01-Feb-18, 09:19:01 AM »

I have to agree Carly.  Sad

The question is - is she just coming in from King St and poking around while RM and Tiago are out?  And why is Stormin not here is this is the King female?  Have both RM and Tiago being displaced?  I know changes happen when a long time female (Erin) is lost and the two territories are so close but it would be weird if both were suddenly gone.

One thing we know for certain, change is inevitable. But, we'll need to keep watching to see what happens.  Thanks Carly, Alison and Linda for keeping an eye on this nest site. Wish I lived closer.  wub2

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: 01-Feb-18, 09:27:39 AM »

It's the weather that's making things even more challenging and another wave of arctic air is set to come in later today so back to the deep freeze by nightfall.

I'm not convinced RM is gone yet Carol.  Now whether this other female is coming in when RM is not around is another story .  Given we haven't seen Tiago - perhaps when RM is out hunting she sneaks in or has this female replaced RM and Tiago isn't warming up to her yet?    I didn't see the King female close up, it was through a scope and she was all puffed up but I don't recall seeing speckles, she seemed more white to me but I'm not very strong visually even with a scope.  *sigh*
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: 01-Feb-18, 09:42:42 AM »

It's the weather that's making things even more challenging and another wave of arctic air is set to come in later today so back to the deep freeze by nightfall.

I'm not convinced RM is gone yet Carol.  Now whether this other female is coming in when RM is not around is another story .  Given we haven't seen Tiago - perhaps when RM is out hunting she sneaks in or has this female replaced RM and Tiago isn't warming up to her yet?    I didn't see the King female close up, it was through a scope and she was all puffed up but I don't recall seeing speckles, she seemed more white to me but I'm not very strong visually even with a scope.  *sigh*

I really appreciate that you're there Carly. I am definitely not giving up on RM&T.  happy

My vision is not as good as it used to be either. lol

We'll be getting another arctic blast tomorrow also. I am so ready for Spring!  rose rose rose

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: 01-Feb-18, 09:47:14 AM »

I don't think this female (1st photo) from Jan 30th is the one we just saw on ledge, I think it's RM.  The second photo - hood is too dark and full so could be Tiago?  I haven't seen him in so long, I forget what he looks like but I know he's got a full black hood so for sure not this female we just saw.
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: 01-Feb-18, 10:04:03 AM »

I am not giving up on Rhea Mae or Tiago either.  I have not seen anyone at the nest since I last posted photos, but with barely-there Internet, that in itself means nothing.

I think the bird in the photos Carly posted is the same one I posted photos of on January 29, much as I would want it to be Rhea Mae.

I wish CPF would fix their website, which has been in disarray for so long, and also fix some of their cams, such as the King Street cam. Some updates from them would also be appreciated. I hope they can fix their website, which contains a wealth of extremely important peregrine information and history, and also used to have many great photos.

With such a limited view and limited information, it is impossible to know whether this female is perhaps just passing through the area and spending some time at the nest, or whether she is looking to take the nest for herself.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: 01-Feb-18, 10:13:41 AM »

You are probably right Alison but I just can't imagine both RM and Tiago are not here...I'm in denial.  Linda tells me that RM and Tiago do go down to the water front to hunt and hang out so this female could sneak in while they are down there and they would be none the wiser due to the distance.

I expect she finds this site more appealing with a nest box than a ledge that has worn out substrate and no nest box so it wouldn't surprise me to see her making a push for this box.

And yes the King cam definitely needs fixing, hopefully soon!
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: 01-Feb-18, 10:22:16 AM »

You are probably right Alison but I just can't imagine both RM and Tiago are not here...I'm in denial.  Linda tells me that RM and Tiago do go down to the water front to hunt and hang out so this female could sneak in while they are down there and they would be none the wiser due to the distance.

I expect she finds this site more appealing with a nest box than a ledge that has worn out substrate and no nest box so it wouldn't surprise me to see her making a push for this box.

And yes the King cam definitely needs fixing, hopefully soon!

I wish they would fix the King cam also. Because it has been down for so long, we were prevented from seeing Erin during the last part of her life. And she was never provided with even a nest tray during all those years. I would like to see a full nest box installed at both King St. and the Sheraton, since the nest tray there is ancient and falling apart. Also would like to see the third cam at Sheraton fixed; it would be helpful in identifying who is there.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: 01-Feb-18, 04:16:09 PM »

There's a falcon on the nest ledge now. 4:15 pm.

Gone at 4:55 pm. Saw only the back of the falcon the whole time.
« Last Edit: 01-Feb-18, 04:56:52 PM by Carol P. » Logged

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: 01-Feb-18, 04:25:14 PM »

Just got home and I see them. 
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: 01-Feb-18, 10:46:12 PM »

So who did you see at the nest, Carol and Carly? I missed any visit this afternoon; did not get back until much later.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: