THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 07:58:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409684 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: 16-Feb-18, 10:50:43 PM »

I've been in contact with Linda Woods about this situation.  She has not seen Rhea Mae or Tiago in quite a while.  She believes that this unbanded female is the one seen at the King St nest with Stormin after Erin died.  Linda has seen the new female flying between King St and the Sheraton, but has not been seeing Stormin on a regular basis.

Linda also says there is a lot of construction in the area, including the building directly across the street from the Sheraton.  She said they are replacing the exterior of the building, probably changing it from metal to glass.  This is a building the young fledglings land on quite a lot after they fledge.  It's also a building she would see both Rhea Mae and Tiago roosting frequently.

At this time, it is impossible to tell what is going on.  The more eyes we have on the Sheraton cameras, the better.  If you do see any activity on the nest ledge, please report your observations and post a picture if you can.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks to Alison, Carly and all the others that are currently watching and reporting.

I'll keep in touch with Linda and report what she sees.  I hope this all works out and that Rhea Mae and Tiago are ok, wherever they are.   wub2

Thank you very much for this update, Carol. I don't like the sound of the construction close to the nest area which you described. That could perhaps be enough to cause Rhea Mae and Tiago to look for another nest site.

I check the site daily, but have not seen anyone there in the last few days. I so much hope we will soon have good news of Rhea Mae, Tiago and Stormin.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: 18-Feb-18, 12:55:51 PM »

Quick visit a few minutes ago by someone.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: 19-Feb-18, 07:23:06 AM »

7.19 am : Another day, another quick visit.  Looks like the unbanded female although I didn't get any front views.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: 21-Feb-18, 01:10:22 PM »

Third time she's visited today already. 
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: 22-Feb-18, 04:56:02 PM »

Someone at the nest:

Gone at 2:52 p.m. EST.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: 24-Feb-18, 07:39:54 AM »

7.38 am and she's been here twice already this morning.  First at 6.49 am and now again.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: 24-Feb-18, 08:05:36 AM »

Back again at 8.03 am - can't tell who it is.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: 24-Feb-18, 08:15:59 AM »

This falcon does not like to let us see if she's banded or not.  confused

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: 24-Feb-18, 08:24:26 AM »

This falcon does not like to let us see if she's banded or not.  confused

I know, it's making me crazy.  I just have a feeling RM and Tiago have chosen a new site Carol.  I can't imagine either of them would give up their site if one was gone after all these years.  I bet the construction, the new glass towers and the loss of offspring the past few years - including 2 fledges that both ended up in rehab before they even learned to hunt last year - might have something to do with it.  I refuse to accept both are 'lost'.  Unless they show up soon at the 11th hour, I'd bet this female is now the new resident adult.  Can you imagine Beauty allowing a female come into her site 3 to 4 times a day like this and hang out?  Makes no sense to me.  The question is will Stormin follow.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: 24-Feb-18, 08:33:21 AM »

8.32 am and back again.  Show me your legs!!!  Boy, I'd love to be wrong and find out this is RM or Tiago!  Whoever it is, this is the 4th visit already this morning.
« Last Edit: 24-Feb-18, 08:39:29 AM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: 24-Feb-18, 09:13:08 AM »

Visit #5 - the profile looks like the unbanded female.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: 24-Feb-18, 09:26:41 AM »

Jumping in shower and going to meet Linda down at the site - might be a good day to see something.  If anyone sees a visit, can you post the photos.

Hopefully we'll see something worth reporting!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: 24-Feb-18, 11:32:50 AM »

Hope all goes well here, I get too worried and I hope for nothing!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: 24-Feb-18, 03:24:51 PM »

More questions than answers now.  Definitely 2 birds on site at Sheraton- unbanded female and male (no idea if he's banded or not as though he was flying with her he wouldn't come close enough for us to see his legs).  Both were defending the territory together, both courtship flying together.  She went to ledge several times - he didn't go near the ledge.  We were in lounge area right under the nest ledge and could see them flying in front of us and her going up to the ledge. These two were definitely 'owning this territory', there was no 'we're strangers here, they know the place and acted like they own it.

Two at King,  chit chatting to each other and acting like a bonded pair...bowing behind pillar on nest ledge there and perched nearby both times we were there.  Sadly I don't have a cell phone otherwise we could have split up with one at each site to see if we had 2 pairs or 1 pair going back and forth.

Questions:  Are new female and Stormin going to both sites?  Why would Stormin not go to his birth ledge - the male seemed quite comfortable in the area when were there but wouldn't go near the ledge?  Do we have 2 unbanded females?  One new pair at Sheraton and new mate at King for Stormin?  Are the Sheraton pair the ones from Rogers Centre?  Female there is unbanded and before we left there the male flew south in that direction.

So a good visit in one sense but more questions than answers now.  And where are RM and Tiago?  Safe somewhere together we hope.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: 24-Feb-18, 04:49:39 PM »

Many thanks to you and Linda for checking. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: