THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 04:11:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carol P's Blast from the Past Falcon Watch Reports  (Read 67061 times)
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 09-Oct-14, 12:05:25 PM »

We are all here and that's all that matters.  We care about the birds no matter who they are !!  We're one big family !!!!

Lynne in New Hampshire
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09-Oct-14, 08:47:47 PM »

These are happy days with Beauty, Dot.ca and their young.  This small section of the forum is for remembering the falcons that we lost. I just wanted to keep them "alive" in some small way.   Sad

I really enjoy your stories Carol.  We know that the modern world can be quite challenging for them but they seem to face their lives with a courage I often marvel at.  They live their lives to the fullest, no matter how short or long, they make the most of it and that's something to be admired and respected.  They deserve to be honored and remembered for their contributions, not only to the species but for the compassion they've awakened in us and for the lessons they can teach us about survival  yes

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09-Oct-14, 09:22:32 PM »

I too enjoy the reminders thanks for bringing it back. There was something special about that year... Seneca was daddies little girl. I remember she didn't want to fledge and Kaver went and had the "talk" with her in the playpen. Next thing you know she was flying around like a pro. Kaver  heart was such a good dad and mate. I am happy for what we have now. But I don't want to forget the ones out of our sight but still in our hearts.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 23-Oct-14, 09:58:14 AM »

A Funny Memory from the old Kodak Birdcam days.....

I forget what year it was, but it was before the old KFalconcam forum or this one existed.  It was during the time that there was a discussion board on the Kodak Birdcam.  Jim P and I were co-moderators of that board.  One day, something really funny happened.

For some reason, the discussion board decided to post EVERYONE's posts under Jim's name.  Suddenly Jim P became quite chatty.  Later that day, all the posts came in with my name on them.  Somehow that wasn't as hysterical as Jim posting that the falcon eyases were soooooo cute!   Hahaha!   2funny 

Does anyone else remember that?

Just a fond memory of the old M&K days.   happy

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 23-Oct-14, 10:09:23 AM »

I forget what year it was, but it was before the old KFalconcam forum or this one existed.  It was during the time that there was a discussion board on the Kodak Birdcam.  Jim P and I were co-moderators of that board.  One day, something really funny happened.

For some reason, the discussion board decided to post EVERYONE's posts under Jim's name.  Suddenly Jim P became quite chatty.  Later that day, all the posts came in with my name on them.  Somehow that wasn't as hysterical as Jim posting that the falcon eyases were soooooo cute!   Hahaha!   2funny 

That's funny!  Whatever happened to Jim?  Haven't seen him on anything in quite a few years.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 23-Oct-14, 10:15:15 AM »

That's funny!  Whatever happened to Jim?  Haven't seen him on anything in quite a few years.

Jim's life got busy and took another direction.  His contributions are definitely missed. 

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 23-Oct-14, 11:15:45 AM »

Yes, it was in March 2003.

The KFalconcam message board did exist at that time. It was started by mtwoman in July 2002. It was very active in the off-season period while the Birdcam discussion board was closed.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23-Oct-14, 06:57:22 PM »

Jim's life got busy and took another direction.  His contributions are definitely missed. 

I've gone to his Peregrinations site and all his beautiful Falcon pics are gone..that's really sad.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 24-Oct-14, 10:21:37 AM »

We will have to remove that link.  Thanks for the reminder Kris.   wave

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 24-Oct-14, 12:01:42 PM »

http://jkpisello.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=29 It's still up, well, the stories.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 24-Oct-14, 12:49:00 PM »

Yeah, looks like his blog is still there, minus the falcon pics.  Thanks Donna.

valhalla
« Reply #56 on: 25-Oct-14, 07:18:02 AM »

He did have a good blog, but like everything - it takes time, which there seems to never be enough of.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 25-Oct-14, 09:03:04 AM »

He did have a good blog, but like everything - it takes time, which there seems to never be enough of.

Amen.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 25-Oct-14, 02:02:33 PM »

I don't mind that he didn't keep up with the blog because we've had fantastic watch reports to read from MAK and Carol but I enjoyed seeing all the past pics he took of M&K and all the eyases..my thought was it's too bad they're not available anymore.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 30-Oct-14, 12:01:40 PM »

An excerpt from a 5/31/09 falcon watch report by me.  It seems that Dot.ca isn't the only falcon that likes to snatch a mate's meal.   laugh

7:35 pm - Back to Midtown. Now this was a little crazy to watch. Archer came in with a Starling sized, headless bird clutched in his talons. He landed on Midtown and started to pluck feathers. Beauty wanted the food. She flew to him, expecting him to hand it over. Nope! Archer grabbed the food and landed on top of Midtown, plucking again. Beauty tried again, Archer took off with the food. This went on for quite awhile.

7:54 pm - Archer finally lands with the prey on the NE corner of the lower section of Midtown, very close to the nest ledge. Beauty landed next to him and FINALLY snagged her dinner.

8:02 pm - Beauty took the prey to the B&L building and enjoyed her meal. Archer took over on the nest ledge, jumping down into the gutter.

This was during the time that Archer and Beauty were hanging out on Midtown Plaza and Mariah was still at Kodak Office. - Carol P.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: