THE FORUM

25-Apr-24, 06:20:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: University of Toledo - Belle (Beauty's sister!) and Allen  (Read 56377 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 27-May-15, 09:01:01 PM »

Here's new mom Liadan feeding four gorgeous babies.  Looks like she and Allen have done a great job raising the wee ones so far. 

I watch them once in a while and she has done a great job raising the kids, after a shaky start.  As an aside, someone posted on the Toledo FB page that Liadan occasionally makes a low honking sound, that Belle also made that sound and they had heard Dorothy honked too. They wondered if Liadan could be a Toledo hatch from 2013.  I shared that Beauty honks too..must be a family thing! laugh

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 27-May-15, 09:09:25 PM »

Ohhhhh, I don't want to think about that! That would mean she and Allen have a father-daughter thing going on, and she displaced her own mother. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 27-May-15, 09:50:35 PM »

Ohhhhh, I don't want to think about that! That would mean she and Allen have a father-daughter thing going on, and she displaced her own mother. 

They did go on to say that it would be a reality TV situation, as far as Allen goes, if this was one off his offspring.  They'll never know though because the babies weren't banded that year and neither is Liadan.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 28-Mar-16, 09:21:46 AM »

From Facebook: There are currently two eggs in the University of Toledo nestbox.  They are assuming that Liadan is the female again this year, but apparently Allen, the male, has been displaced.  In February a banded male was seen in the nestbox, and yesterday an unbanded male was spotted there.  The banded male is b/r 62/B 2012, a hatch from Chase Bank (also known as Bank One Lima) in Lima, OH.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: