THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 03:34:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camera times??  (Read 7192 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 24-Jan-16, 07:47:57 AM »

First - apologies if this is the wrong place for this query... OR... if it has already been discussed and I missed it.

The camera times I am getting have varied for some time now. Powers (I think) seem to be keeping the time that I see (5 hours behind). But the Main Cameras etc always seem to give the wrong time - around 3pm ROC time. If that is vaguely clear, I would like to know.

Just wondering. Ta!

Slainte! wave
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 24-Jan-16, 08:11:44 AM »

The cameras at the Times Square building stopped transmitting at 3 PM Tuesday when the Internet connection was lost. There is a problem with our provider's antenna that seems to be related to temperature. When it gets cold, it stops working, and it has been below freezing in Rochester since Tuesday.

Today, it is expected to get warmer. The antenna might start working again for a few hours. We'll see.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-Jan-16, 08:45:52 AM »

The cameras at the Times Square building stopped transmitting at 3 PM Tuesday when the Internet connection was lost. There is a problem with our provider's antenna that seems to be related to temperature. When it gets cold, it stops working, and it has been below freezing in Rochester since Tuesday.

Today, it is expected to get warmer. The antenna might start working again for a few hours. We'll see.

Thanks, Shaky! Stay toasty!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-Jan-16, 09:12:44 AM »

Did they put up a new antenna because we've never had temperature related loss of Internet before that I can remember? Is Rfalconcam the only one in the building connected to this particular internet service?

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 24-Jan-16, 12:32:54 PM »

Did they put up a new antenna because we've never had temperature related loss of Internet before that I can remember? Is Rfalconcam the only one in the building connected to this particular internet service?

It's the same antenna system. Some component(s) of it must have become damaged or degraded since last winter.

Rfalconcam is  currently the only user of the service. There was another, but they left TSB several years ago.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-Jan-16, 12:46:23 PM »

It's the same antenna system. Some component(s) of it must have become damaged or degraded since last winter.

Rfalconcam is  currently the only user of the service. There was another, but they left TSB several years ago.

Thanks..just wondered.  Are they going to replace the antenna eventually, with Rfalconcam being the only user and we get it for free?

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 24-Jan-16, 12:57:31 PM »

Rfalconcam is  currently the only user of the service. There was another, but they left TSB several years ago.

Thanks..just wondered.  Are they going to replace the antenna eventually, with Rfalconcam being the only user and we get it for free?

They are troubleshooting the antenna system to determine which part(s) is/are failing. They are starting with the cable up to the antenna. First step is to replace the connectors. If that doesn't work, replace the cable. How far they will go to replace parts has not be conveyed to us.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-Jan-16, 03:44:11 PM »

Rfalconcam is  currently the only user of the service. There was another, but they left TSB several years ago.

Thanks..just wondered.  Are they going to replace the antenna eventually, with Rfalconcam being the only user and we get it for free?

They are troubleshooting the antenna system to determine which part(s) is/are failing. They are starting with the cable up to the antenna. First step is to replace the connectors. If that doesn't work, replace the cable. How far they will go to replace parts has not be conveyed to us.

Thanks!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 26-Jan-16, 06:00:06 PM »

Thanks..just wondered.  Are they going to replace the antenna eventually, with Rfalconcam being the only user and we get it for free?

Thanks!

They think they've got it fixed now. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27-Jan-16, 03:48:32 AM »

Yup. Back on track. Thanks!!!  clap
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27-Jan-16, 06:17:52 AM »