THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:27:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aria - 85/BA (2016)  (Read 170566 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 08-Jun-20, 06:53:00 PM »

From CPF Facebook:

Fledge watch begins today at our Etobicoke Peregrine nest site, home of ARIA & INDY 💕

We have one girl and one boy SCARLET (00/AB, red tape) and MILBURN (C/12, blue tape)

Thank you to Martin Dekkers for these awesome photos!

Sweet pics..thanks!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 12-Jun-20, 09:28:08 AM »

New photos from CPF Facebook that Martin sent in - they are now on fledge watch.  There was an intruder againg a few days ago that came to the ledge - they think it's the old female again, she keeps 'intruding'.  She was chased off by both Aria and Indy but it looks like she may have gotten a peck or two in at Aria as she was protecting the kids.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 12-Jun-20, 01:11:27 PM »

Oh, I hope her right eye is okay. The area around it looks a bit swollen. Poor Aria!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 12-Jun-20, 01:43:26 PM »

Oh, I hope her right eye is okay. The area around it looks a bit swollen. Poor Aria!

Marlene says she is flying well and doing her usual things. Scarlet has been really aggressive when she comes in with food and neither Aria nor Indy can win a food fight with her apparently.   On the plus side, with it being fledge watch - there are a lot of people keeping an eye on Aria. 
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 12-Jun-20, 01:47:37 PM »

Here is the official report that goes with the photos:

Day 5 - SCARLET (red) and MILBURN (blue)

One fledge watcher reports: "Right now babies are on ledge. Milburn has been grooming himself getting off bits of fluff on wings and bum. No squawking. Just hanging out. Today's the day!!! I'm feeling it."

Earlier this week, fledge watchers reported an intruder at the nest. There was an altercation and ARIA was slightly injured. A hint of red can be seen on the right side of her head.

One fledge watcher reported on June 10: "Mom and dad both flew into the nest together just now 0820. I can confirm all 4 are ok!! One of the parents left food which Scarlet grabbed into the corner then now Milburn is sharing. Parents left food and didn't stay to feed. Scarlet is now sharing. Yay. It was a small meal and they appear to be done their snack. I was worried I had not seen mom but all good. Lots of squawking this morning so I waited around to see all ok."
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 12-Jun-20, 03:53:22 PM »

Here is the official report that goes with the photos:

Day 5 - SCARLET (red) and MILBURN (blue)

One fledge watcher reports: "Right now babies are on ledge. Milburn has been grooming himself getting off bits of fluff on wings and bum. No squawking. Just hanging out. Today's the day!!! I'm feeling it."

Earlier this week, fledge watchers reported an intruder at the nest. There was an altercation and ARIA was slightly injured. A hint of red can be seen on the right side of her head.

One fledge watcher reported on June 10: "Mom and dad both flew into the nest together just now 0820. I can confirm all 4 are ok!! One of the parents left food which Scarlet grabbed into the corner then now Milburn is sharing. Parents left food and didn't stay to feed. Scarlet is now sharing. Yay. It was a small meal and they appear to be done their snack. I was worried I had not seen mom but all good. Lots of squawking this morning so I waited around to see all ok."

Poor Aria. Be safe little family.  heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 06-Mar-21, 06:45:02 AM »

I received an email from Marlene last night with a new photo of Indy and Aria.  Both are doing well and mating rituals are in full swing she said.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: 06-Mar-21, 09:14:52 AM »

clap
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 06-Mar-21, 11:57:09 AM »

Thanks, Carly for keeping us posted. Aria will be 5 this year.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 06-Mar-21, 05:01:37 PM »

Awesome! Beautiful pair!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 27-Mar-21, 02:32:15 PM »

And while we watch and wait with Beauty.  Some news on Aria.  Marlene emailed this morning to say she looks ready to drop her first egg.  Like her mom, she had to deal with an interloper the other day which caused some excitement but all is well now.  Here is the photo she sent of Aria in her nest - taken yesterday.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 27-Mar-21, 02:34:16 PM »

And while we watch and wait with Beauty.  Some news on Aria.  Marlene emailed this morning to say she looks ready to drop her first egg.  Like her mom, she had to deal with an interloper the other day which caused some excitement but all is well now.  Here is the photo she sent of Aria in her nest - taken yesterday.

wub2

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 05-Apr-21, 08:12:48 AM »

No good news to report from here I'm afraid.  Territorial battles continue between aria and another female, they think it may be the former resident female.  There was a bad fight yesterday on the ledge, which ended up on the ground and Aria and the other female had to pulled apart by watchers.  Both flew off after that but this has been on going for two weeks now so I fear it's not going to end well for someone.

Will keep you posted when I hear anything else.  I wish I had better news to share.
« Last Edit: 05-Apr-21, 09:34:32 AM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 05-Apr-21, 09:28:06 AM »

So after posting the above from emails that came overnight.  I checked my emails again because of course I"m nervous and waiting for news.  The watchers just sent an email saying Marlene was up early to check on Aria and lo and behold she laid an egg sometime during the night!  After all that, bless her little heart , I hope she can stay safe!   heart
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 05-Apr-21, 09:36:39 AM »

So after posting the above from emails that came overnight.  I checked my emails again because of course I"m nervous and waiting for news.  The watchers just sent an email saying Marlene was up early to check on Aria and lo and behold she laid an egg sometime during the night!  After all that, bless her little heart , I hope she can stay safe!   heart

heart

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: