THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:35:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Independence Day **USA**  (Read 5274 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 04-Jul-11, 06:27:38 AM »

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Sure do miss being there!

Slainte!

Bobbie
 cool-045
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04-Jul-11, 06:41:35 AM »

On this day in 1776, the Declaration of Independence was approved by the Continental Congress, setting the 13 colonies on the road to freedom as a sovereign nation. As always, this most American of holidays will be marked by parades, fireworks and backyard barbecues across the country.

Have a great day all and wave your Flags!

$3.2 million

In 2010, the dollar value of U.S. imports of American flags. The vast majority of this amount ($2.8 million) was for U.S. flags made in China.
Source: Foreign Trade Statistics

What can I say, Harlequin wanted in too!

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-Jul-11, 07:24:42 AM »

Now, there's a thing! I did not think American flags could be manufactured outside the USA... no idea where I got that idea... but coming from a family that always flies its flags, I sure am going to be looking henceforth!

(Nothing against the hard-working Chinese here...)
annieinelkhart
Juvie

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-Jul-11, 07:59:28 AM »

I will be marking my day "quietly" as I say lots of thank you's and prayers for all those who have made this Country what it is today and all those out there serving in our Military near and far for what they ARE doing and sacrificing so that we all can be Free and our country remain safe!  I have a son in the United States Navy serving overseas 2 months into a 7+ month deployment!  Miss him and love him very much and hunger for emails from him when he can.  My heart really goes out to those serving in Afghanistan where they have so little comforts of home and live in such danger every day!  God Bless all of our Military past and present!
 bravo  bravo  notworthy  Stay safe and hurry home to all your loved ones waiting at home for you!

EVERY DAY I THANK OUR TROOPS FOR ALL THEY DO FOR US!  IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO!
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-Jul-11, 08:04:17 AM »

Bless your boy, Annie - and all of them. My own name - Roberta - is from my godfather Bob who served at the Normandy Invasion on D-Day. Such a young, young man. And never once has he spoken about what happened that day. I salute him especially this 4th of July. A link with a time I never knew.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 04-Jul-11, 08:58:42 AM »

Be sure to watch the Downtown Rochester fireworks live tonight on Rfalconcam streaming video channels 1 and 2. (Maybe channel 3 too.)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-Jul-11, 09:13:10 AM »

Be sure to watch the Downtown Rochester fireworks live tonight on Rfalconcam streaming video channels 1 and 2. (Maybe channel 3 too.)

Will you be taping?  I'll have to miss it live this year...fireworks at 10 don't mix well with a 4:30 wakeup...sigh!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 04-Jul-11, 09:18:20 AM »

Will you be taping?  I'll have to miss it live this year...fireworks at 10 don't mix well with a 4:30 wakeup...sigh!

Yep.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04-Jul-11, 09:22:09 AM »

Yep.

Thanks!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04-Jul-11, 09:32:00 AM »

I will be marking my day "quietly" as I say lots of thank you's and prayers for all those who have made this Country what it is today and all those out there serving in our Military near and far for what they ARE doing and sacrificing so that we all can be Free and our country remain safe!  I have a son in the United States Navy serving overseas 2 months into a 7+ month deployment!  Miss him and love him very much and hunger for emails from him when he can.  My heart really goes out to those serving in Afghanistan where they have so little comforts of home and live in such danger every day!  God Bless all of our Military past and present!
 bravo  bravo  notworthy  Stay safe and hurry home to all your loved ones waiting at home for you!

May he be safe and *God Bless * him Annie.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: