THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:50:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Syracuse Falcons  (Read 140239 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 03-Apr-17, 05:18:11 PM »

Looks like Pigott already laid a few eggs on the balcony of an empty building. Tom was trying to call someone about getting some sort of nest or gravel up there. No luck so far. Hope it goes well for Pigott, I really love her  courage, starting from BS.

Come on DEC-help them out!  tickedoff

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 03-Apr-17, 05:44:53 PM »

Sad Sad Sad
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 12-Apr-17, 08:10:10 PM »

No Falcons have been seen in 3 days, after Pigott already laid eggs! What the heck is going on? Something spooked them, the eggs rolled off, who knows but they are gone according to the peeps on Syracuse! I'm so disappointed in the DEC there putting the nest on the same building that is being worked on!  stupid
I hope Pigott & George found a better spot!!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 12-Apr-17, 08:26:22 PM »

Quelle surprise...NOT.  Our poor girl and poor George, such a great pair they are and the odds stacked against them and no one there will help them.  Sad Cry
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 12-Apr-17, 08:37:29 PM »

No Falcons have been seen in 3 days, after Pigott already laid eggs! What the heck is going on? Something spooked them, the eggs rolled off, who knows but they are gone according to the peeps on Syracuse! I'm so disappointed in the DEC there putting the nest on the same building that is being worked on!  stupid

Wonder if Susan on Syracuse FB page knows something because she was PMing 2 people on FB, including Suzanne.  confused0083

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 12-Apr-17, 10:05:25 PM »

Wonder if Susan on Syracuse FB page knows something because she was PMing 2 people on FB, including Suzanne.  confused0083

Yes, that's why I asked her if she knew something!  secret2

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 12-Apr-17, 10:18:52 PM »

Yes, that's why I asked her if she knew something!  secret2

oops

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 01-Jul-20, 06:43:23 PM »

Great news!  A new nest box was put up at City Hall in Syracuse - much to everyone's surprise.  No one knew until a juvie was in need of a rescue!  George and Pigott have a new home!  Here is the Facebook post:

"Peregrine falcons are back nesting, have bred, and fledged in Syracuse NY in a new nest box on the Syracuse City Hall building. Not sure of the fledge date. Not sure when the nest box, nor who put it up. I was asked to assist onn Tues. 6/30/2020 for the release of a juvenile peregrine falcon downtown. The purpose was to assist if there were any difficulties from the release such as the juvenile falling into dangerous areas, or being pursued by an adult falcon, etc... Here's the info On 6/22/2020, someone downtown noticed the juvenile on the ground near the Hanley State Office building (not the state tower building where the original box was located). The peregrine was brought to Cornell where it was suffering from a low level of lead poisoning. He had no other injuries but it was necessary for the bird to be treated and re-examined before release. Yesterday, Cindy Page (wildlife rehabilitator) re-evaluated the young falcon, and with assistance of DEC Officers, released the youngster from the roof of the State Office building. I did not see the bird launch for it decided to stay on the roof when release (only saw the holding box that it was delivered in). Basically, no "earth-shattering", but rather uneventful afternoon yesterday. So far the youngster (as per others observing) is doing ok. The adults have been seen. Note I have provided a couple of photos of the treated juvenile (courtesy of Cindy Page), as well as a couple of shots of George (the male) resting in the new nest box (plus an old photo I took - in which I have since nick-named George "Feather face"). Piggott (the female) is fine, I saw her the night before (I took no pics) and she has been seen since I left downtown yesterday (6/30/2020). It's been a while since I have seen the peregrines, and it was wonderful to see them again, and know that they are breeding again!"  
https://www.facebook.com/groups/231357336897260/

« Last Edit: 01-Jul-20, 06:49:56 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 01-Jul-20, 07:59:48 PM »

There are two juvies!! Photo from Tom Durr posted to Syracuse FB just a few minutes ago!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 01-Jul-20, 09:16:06 PM »

There are two juvies!! Photo from Tom Durr posted to Syracuse FB just a few minutes ago!

So happy for Pigott and George!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 21-Jun-23, 05:04:08 PM »

Susan Wrisley has started a gofundme campaign for the nestbox and possible webcam in Syracuse. Wouldn't it be nice to see Pigott and George on a more regular basis? Click here to donate. https://www.gofundme.com/f/syracuse-peregrine-falcon-webcam-and-nestbox?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_content=undefined&utm_location=undefined&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=undefined

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: 21-Jun-23, 07:05:46 PM »

Susan Wrisley has started a gofundme campaign for the nestbox and possible webcam in Syracuse. Wouldn't it be nice to see Pigott and George on a more regular basis? Click here to donate. https://www.gofundme.com/f/syracuse-peregrine-falcon-webcam-and-nestbox?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_content=undefined&utm_location=undefined&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=undefined

Thanks, Pat. Pigott and George deserve a nest box.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: