THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 07:32:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 129   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 718568 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 11-May-15, 10:50:39 AM »

I don't see anything other than the spot that's been on it, but you never know!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 11-May-15, 11:36:17 AM »

Two who still have pink feet.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 11-May-15, 11:58:04 AM »

Two who still have pink feet.

I just love those teeny tiny talons!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 11-May-15, 04:51:03 PM »

(movie)  OMG, the little one has been on his back for almost 30 minutes!! He needs mom!! DC has no clue!! Poor thing is struggling!!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 11-May-15, 05:55:50 PM »

All better!

[though it is awful creepy to see them turtled]

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 11-May-15, 06:05:04 PM »

unfortunately to me that looks more like a poke into the egg more than someone trying to get out  Sad

does anybody know what our kids are eating? some of those feathers look blue and some look like a female cardinal. wish they'd stick to cowbirds and starlings and pigeons
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 11-May-15, 07:22:12 PM »

unfortunately to me that looks more like a poke into the egg more than someone trying to get out  Sad

does anybody know what our kids are eating? some of those feathers look blue and some look like a female cardinal. wish they'd stick to cowbirds and starlings and pigeons

One blue jay for sure. The others have been hard to ID.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 11-May-15, 07:29:33 PM »

People on BCAW are posting that they're concerned with this baby falling on its back all the time and wonder if it might have parasites that are weakening it to the point it can't stay upright.  They also said just now that Beauty fed the babies but this one didn't get anything. There are some darkened areas in its wingpits and belly that might indicate blood areas from parasites or it could just be the HD camera.  However, in past years, some nestlings at a couple sites that BCAW watchers sent emails to that they suspected parasites, nothing was done and several chicks died.  They also noted that while our baby was on its back, DC was picking at it and said that the parents can see the bugs and will pick them off..is this what DC was seeing?  Don't want to raise a red flag yet but might be adventagious for the DEC to see pics and be made aware of what is happening here..we don't any of these babies to die from parasites.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 11-May-15, 07:44:42 PM »

We've seen those dark spots on every brood at Times Square. I don't honestly recall at Kodak-maybe I wasn't watching that closely back then. Could be a Beauty thing. I think DC was trying to figure out how to flip it without hurting it.

They were all up and feeding. All 3 have flopped over at one point or another. The 1st one was a yellow foot-this time it was a pink foot.  One of them flopped over a few minutes ago & righted itself just fine.

We can certainly ask DEC to look at the pictures if anything really seems amiss.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 11-May-15, 07:49:05 PM »

We've seen those dark spots on every brood at Times Square. I don't honestly recall at Kodak-maybe I wasn't watching that closely back then. Could be a Beauty thing. I think DC was trying to figure out how to flip it without hurting it.

They were all up and feeding. All 3 have flopped over at one point or another. The 1st one was a yellow foot-this time it was a pink foot.  One of them flopped over a few minutes ago & righted itself just fine.

We can certainly ask DEC to look at the pictures if anything really seems amiss.

Thanks.  I know we've seen the dark spots before but they kind of scared me with all their comments plus I've been worrying about the baby falling over so much myself.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 11-May-15, 07:54:41 PM »

Thanks.  I know we've seen the dark spots before but they kind of scared me with all their comments plus I've been worrying about the baby falling over so much myself.

At this age I don't worry about the toppling. They really don't have any muscle control yet & they're wobbling all over the place.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 11-May-15, 10:20:20 PM »

No clue what this is!! I don't recall seeing this on the babies in the past!! I'll check my photos!!

These are from last year.......no black. Hmmm!!!
« Last Edit: 11-May-15, 10:27:52 PM by Donna » Logged

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 11-May-15, 10:38:28 PM »

OK, found one from last years hatch! The new little guy has some black under his wing!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 11-May-15, 10:45:30 PM »

Good work detective Donna! They all survived last year so whatever this black is that we're seeing shouldn't be an issue.  Sherlock Holmes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 11-May-15, 10:53:47 PM »

No clue what this is!! I don't recall seeing this on the babies in the past!! I'll check my photos!!

These are from last year.......no black. Hmmm!!!

The first pic shows black on the chest that other years don't show..maybe a concern.  SGB posted on BCAW about our babies:

"I do think we need to watch for an increase in the "black" areas...DC was really picking at its "armpits" earlier...this is how it started at Blackdog AND redwing...increase of parasites=weaken chicks, spending lots of time on their backs, usually followed by death.....just saying..I watched it both times at those nests."

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 ... 129   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: