THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 12:31:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baltimore Falcon Cam  (Read 20248 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 02-Apr-15, 05:26:51 PM »

I think we're seeing more privates sites but I don't think they are necessarily meant to keep everyone out, it's more to keep the people posting spam or bad things to a site out.  I follow many of the zoo web sites and I've seen people post - well things you wouldn't post on a 'family page' to say the least.  This way whoever runs the site can ensure that those kinds of things won't happen on a private site.  You apply to be a member and if they know you or someone recommends you then you get accepted.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02-Apr-15, 05:31:00 PM »

Ok found it, it was posted on a Facebook page and a lady there - I won't publish her name as she may not appreciate having it publicized since she posted on a private site and it's likely her real name not a posting name - but she contacted the Chesapeake Conservatory to inform them of Barb's injuries. They were not aware of it at the time until she notified them but told her that they would now keep an eye on her.

I sure hope if she's inured and grounded, they can find her.
Thanks, Carly. I would have thought that the Chesapeake people would have been watching their own new webcam. It is almost a week since Barb was first injured. I was hoping that someone based in Baltimore might be able to go out and look for her.

What is it with these private sites, anyway??

They need the ROCH/Canada/NY watchers out there!! I wish all sites had a bunch of watchers!! They probably could get volunteers if they asked for them! I agree Alison, a brand new cam and no one knows a thing!!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02-Apr-15, 05:44:00 PM »

Went to the cam to check it out - had it and then it went blank.  Saw a big falcon with wings out jump up and not sure if it was fighting but it wasn't speckled like the one you saw Alison.  I can't get the cam back now.  All I see is a page with writing but no cam  stupid  She jumped up towards me onto something and all I saw were wings flaying all over the place...can't tell if she jumped onto something or went after someone.  Can you get the cam and check?
« Last Edit: 02-Apr-15, 05:51:13 PM by carly » Logged
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-Apr-15, 05:47:03 PM »

Ok found it, it was posted on a Facebook page and a lady there - I won't publish her name as she may not appreciate having it publicized since she posted on a private site and it's likely her real name not a posting name - but she contacted the Chesapeake Conservatory to inform them of Barb's injuries. They were not aware of it at the time until she notified them but told her that they would now keep an eye on her.

I sure hope if she's inured and grounded, they can find her.
Thanks, Carly. I would have thought that the Chesapeake people would have been watching their own new webcam. It is almost a week since Barb was first injured. I was hoping that someone based in Baltimore might be able to go out and look for her.

What is it with these private sites, anyway??

They need the ROCH/Canada/NY watchers out there!! I wish all sites had a bunch of watchers!! They probably could get volunteers if they asked for them! I agree Alison, a brand new cam and no one knows a thing!!

I like your thinking, Donna! I agree with you about the watchers/volunteers.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-Apr-15, 05:54:13 PM »

Ok got the cam back...can see it's head and back now..not fighting unless I missed it.  I'm confused...will see if it moves back to get an ID on it
« Last Edit: 02-Apr-15, 06:00:43 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-Apr-15, 06:03:33 PM »

Ok she's attacking someone, they are out of view, she just went after them again...all we can see is wings coming up now.  Or there is a window there and she's attacking her reflection.

Well she's moved out now..strange but she's not the one I saw earlier when I lost the cam..that much I do know.  This is the speckly one from your photos Alison.
« Last Edit: 02-Apr-15, 06:15:52 PM by carly » Logged
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-Apr-15, 06:37:00 PM »

Went to the cam to check it out - had it and then it went blank.  Saw a big falcon with wings out jump up and not sure if it was fighting but it wasn't speckled like the one you saw Alison.  I can't get the cam back now.  All I see is a page with writing but no cam  stupid  She jumped up towards me onto something and all I saw were wings flaying all over the place...can't tell if she jumped onto something or went after someone.  Can you get the cam and check?
When I checked the cam most recently the bird there was the male. He left, and Flash crashed for about the 97th time today.

This is Boh:

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-Apr-15, 06:53:08 PM »

No the bird I saw was much bigger and she was acting really weird.  I just saw him and the new female together on cam and what a size difference!  Anyway it could be there is competition for this site.  The new girl is beautiful, wish I could see her chest better...she looks young...and her band!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02-Apr-15, 06:54:14 PM »

I wonder if Barb is up there injured??

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02-Apr-15, 07:01:07 PM »

That is what I wondered.  Two other people saw what I saw so I didn't imagine it.  That being said, male just brought female a food gift and she's going to town on it.
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02-Apr-15, 07:08:13 PM »

That is what I wondered.  Two other people saw what I saw so I didn't imagine it.  That being said, male just brought female a food gift and she's going to town on it.
I think that if Barb were up there, the new female would attack her. Carly, are you saying there is now a different new female there? The one I posted pics of earlier is on cam at the moment.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02-Apr-15, 07:17:30 PM »

That is what I wondered.  Two other people saw what I saw so I didn't imagine it.  That being said, male just brought female a food gift and she's going to town on it.
I think that if Barb were up there, the new female would attack her. Carly, are you saying there is now a different new female there? The one I posted pics of earlier is on cam at the moment.

Yes the one you posted earlier is there now and yes I saw 'another large falcon with a wide white breast' and that's when the wings started flying.  She charged over the nest box with her wings flared out and then all I could see at the bottom of the cam was wings twisting back and forth as if there was a fight and she kept lunging at something.  Then I lost the cam, when it came back your new speckly female was there.  
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02-Apr-15, 07:40:52 PM »

I think Barb is still there... the new female is really agressive or maybe is the reflexion. Her attitude was strange.
« Last Edit: 02-Apr-15, 07:55:54 PM by Penelope99 » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02-Apr-15, 08:15:10 PM »

I think Barb is still there... the new female is really agressive or maybe is the reflexion. Her attitude was strange.

I'm with you, confused now.  Found a video and there is a large conference room window behind the nest box with a curtain they put up for privacy.  The windows below looked reflective in the video but who knows if they are up there - as why would they have a curtain?!  So not sure now what I saw ...I just hope Barb is somewhere safe and is able to heal up.  I know it's the way of the falcon but I hate to see one injured like that out on her own.
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02-Apr-15, 09:23:11 PM »

It's always not easy to see them in difficulty and not be able to help. I remember when I saw Archer to come back to NB injured. It was very sad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: