THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 08:12:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcons Barcelona  (Read 9203 times)
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« on: 16-Apr-10, 06:09:21 AM »

Gaudi's Sagrada Familia ,

Three hatchlings ,webcam with sound.

Greetings carla

http://www.falconsbarcelona.net/Falco11/en_pagines/webcam1.html
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16-Apr-10, 06:22:11 AM »

Ola, Carla! Can anyone image a more prestigious address? (Except, perhaps, Times Square in Rochester... mind you, still a loooooong way to go to beat La Sagrada Familia... which I never have managed to climb...)

BTW - any Lesser Kestrels up there? Or does the presence of a falcon family rule that out??

Slainte!

Bobbie
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-Apr-10, 06:37:52 AM »

Great cam Carla and momma has been screaming and chasing something for the past 10 minutes. Something's bothering her. Babies are so cute...little squeakers.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-Apr-10, 06:51:43 AM »

Maybe today is banding day? Man, momma sounds like Mariah. Something definitely is going on there. The babies look young to be banded. What a racket.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-Apr-10, 07:03:16 AM »

Carla, do NOT tell me you are actually UP there! scared blue scared blue scared blue
carla
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-Apr-10, 07:45:13 AM »

Carla, do NOT tell me you are actually UP there! scared blue scared blue scared blue
No I'm not the screaming one.I live in Purmerend,about 12 km from Amsterdam.
I don't know why there is so much screaming.The church is always under construction.There is a lot traveling noise.It's a noisy site.

Greetings Carla
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-Apr-10, 07:49:17 AM »

I don't know why there is so much screaming.The church is always under construction.There is a lot traveling noise.It's a noisy site.

Greetings Carla

A lot of noise and always building? You betcha! I wonder if Gaudi actually planned it so it would be never-ending. Happy to hear you are solid NL ground! (I can't stand on a chair without getting dizzy... that's what men are for... Cheesy) Are you being blasted by the volcanic ash?

Slainte!
Bobbie
carla
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16-Apr-10, 11:01:44 AM »

Greetings Carla

A lot of noise and always building? You betcha! I wonder if Gaudi actually planned it so it would be never-ending. Happy to hear you are solid NL ground! (I can't stand on a chair without getting dizzy... that's what men are for... Cheesy) Are you being blasted by the volcanic ash?

Slainte!
Bobbie
The weather is very nice here,the sun is shining,no winds and NO AIRPLANES,I can't see the volcanic ash,but I know it is there.
~Sage~
Juvie

Like Count: 38

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 17-Apr-10, 10:24:46 PM »

I can't see the cam yet   Cry but I'll try again tomorrow.  Such a fantastic building to call home!

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-Apr-10, 09:10:28 AM »

Today I read sad and good news of the peregrines in Barcelona.

Last Wednesday (21/4/2010) a passer-by came across the female peregrine falcon of the Sagrada Familia pair in the street. It was mortally wounded and after being taken to the Torreferrussa wildlife centre it had to be put down. We are not sure what happened to the bird. The three peregrine chicks have lost their mother, and although the male could continue to feed them when they are small, he would probably find it very difficult to raise them to fledglings and may well even abandon them when they start to grow. As a result, it has been decided to take two of the chicks, who are female, to a peregrine breeder, so he can feed them until they can be hacked and released.

One chick, a male, has been left in the nest, which the father will probably be able to feed and raise.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25-Apr-10, 09:37:51 AM »

Oh how sad Annette. At least the babies have a chance. Thanks

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25-Apr-10, 10:25:22 AM »

I just checked the site and found a very healthy and active eyas being fed by an adult, presumably the father.  There was bright sunshine coming in from the nest entrance.

Paul
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25-Apr-10, 10:29:55 AM »

I just checked the site and found a very healthy and active eyas being fed by an adult, presumably the father.  There was bright sunshine coming in from the nest entrance.

Paul

Me to Paul...here's the little male

carla
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25-Apr-10, 04:03:55 PM »

Paul

Me to Paul...here's the little male
I love this picture.I hope Dad can manage to take care of the little one.Good to hear the girls are taken care of. Sad
carla
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28-May-11, 08:33:10 AM »

A lot had happend last year at this site,see earlyer posts.This year there was no webcam on the nestsite.I didn't know if there was a new female.But after a lot of googeling I found this article in the Spanish Newspaper today.Yes there was a new female up on the Sagrada Familia,but they found another place to nest on with no camera,about 15 meters higher then the original nestbox. This week they found out that the chicks ,maybe 3 or 4 have stolen.I just can't believe this.

http://www.barcelona-metropolitan.com/blogs/the-informer/friday-may-27th
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: