THE FORUM

23-Jan-19, 10:09:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I turn off the Social Stream on Ustream Video?  (Read 5741 times)
DoggyMom
Fluffball

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« on: 06-Jun-10, 09:36:30 AM »

Is there any way to stop the Social Stream tweets and postings on the streaming video of the falcon nest? Most of them are extremely boring and vacuous but beyond that when people are posting it REALLY slows down my browser as it seems to take up a lot of bandwidth. I'd like to turn it off but can't find a way to do it.
« Last Edit: 06-Jun-10, 11:27:50 AM by Shaky » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 293

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-Jun-10, 09:50:54 AM »

I have the same problem...even "polling" for new posts slows it down.  I've commented a few times but not often.  I don't think you can turn it off per se.  I open the page directly in Ustream with the link under the cam "Tune in to the Rfalconcam Show on USTREAM "  Once that's open, click on pop out cam at the top right of the video screen.  The video screen pops up on its own (and it's bigger & resizable).  Still have the ads, but that's paying the freight, so I can't complain much (except the optimum online one that hogs all my bandwidth).
« Last Edit: 06-Jun-10, 11:28:32 AM by Shaky » Logged

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 345

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 01-Dec-12, 10:30:16 AM »

Is there any way to stop the Social Stream tweets and postings on the streaming video of the falcon nest? Most of them are extremely boring and vacuous but beyond that when people are posting it REALLY slows down my browser as it seems to take up a lot of bandwidth. I'd like to turn it off but can't find a way to do it.

There are links for Channel 1, Channel 2, etc. located below the Social Stream on the streaming video page that pop up the stream in its own resizable window without the Social Stream. Click on the link(s) and then close the main streaming video window.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: