THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 04:50:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peregrine falcon in Worcester  (Read 93237 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 26-Oct-17, 07:55:21 PM »

For those who remember Bobbin, I came across an article today which contained a lot of information which I had not seen before about what happened to Bobbin and her family. At the time of the poisonings, the incident was hushed up and remained so for many months. Investigation was hampered not only by this secrecy, but by the fact that investigators were refused any access to the land to collect evidence.

Bobbin was not identified in the article, but as soon as I saw the photos below, I knew it was her.

http://raptorpolitics.org.uk/2016/03/16/report-peregrine-persecution-clee-hill-south-shropshire/

Bobbin was always one of my very favorite peregrines. I watched her grow up at the St Andrew's Spire nest, and followed her story throughout her life. I still miss Bobbin.

Clee Hill is an area which has a long history of raptor persecution, and nothing has changed. This year, the resident falcon and tiercel were once again the victims of poison, leaving three small chicks in the nest. The chicks were rescued, and fostered into other nests. The little male went to the Salisbury Cathedral nest, and the other two chicks went to a different Midlands nest. All three chicks did well.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 26-Oct-17, 08:21:42 PM »

I remember Bobbin too  Cry   I hope they can catch the evil person that is doing this and they better punish him severely! 

Thank you for the article and photos Alison.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 26-Oct-17, 09:10:36 PM »

Thanks a bunch Alison. Bobbin was my favorite after Beauty of course!  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 27-Oct-17, 11:32:41 AM »

I sure remember Bobbin, and I really enjoyed the photos of the natural nest.  What a shame that there seems to be such a nasty attitude there.  You can see it in the article's comments. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: