THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 09:48:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video of the Day  (Read 64609 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 03-Feb-11, 06:07:55 PM »

Thanks for the warning, I'll pass! MAK, don't watch it!!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 03-Feb-11, 07:16:49 PM »

Ever hear of a Guitar Orchestra? Here's one performing the theme from Jurassic Park:

Jurassic Park theme - J. Williams (Guitar Orchestra)

Lou

clap  Thanks Louigi! Music is so powerful. I really enjoyed that.  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 03-Feb-11, 07:35:28 PM »

Amazing Falconry video: Hunting wolves with a golden eagle in Mongolia.

NOTE: VERY GRAPHIC!  Not for those with weak stomachs or for those who love wolves.

hunting wolves with a golden eagle in Mongolia. Kazajstán-Ky

Lou

Shocked   If I didn't see it with my own eyes I would never believe there's a bird powerful enough to take down a wolf!  My only question is why? Haven't wolves been persecuted enough without being targeted by falconers too! Nevertheless, beautiful and massive eagles! Thanks Louigi I think!

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 03-Feb-11, 09:03:08 PM »

NOTE: VERY GRAPHIC!  Not for those with weak stomachs or for those who love wolves.

Lou

Shocked   If I didn't see it with my own eyes I would never believe there's a bird powerful enough to take down a wolf!  My only question is why? Haven't wolves been persecuted enough without being targeted by falconers too! Nevertheless, beautiful and massive eagles! Thanks Louigi I think!

You are a brave girl MAK! Not sure myself why they would train an eagle to do that. My stomach is queasy already and I didn't even look at it. (WEAK)

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 03-Feb-11, 09:25:09 PM »

Lou

You are a brave girl MAK! Not sure myself why they would train an eagle to do that. My stomach is queasy already and I didn't even look at it. (WEAK)

Donna you're not weak just ultra sensitive! Not a bad trait to have in such a violent cruel world.  Grin

-John Burroughs
Lou
Juvie

Like Count: 130

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 07-Feb-11, 05:37:53 PM »

A good message:  Our Time is Up

http://zapple.tv/comedy/our-time-is-up/

Lou
Lou
Juvie

Like Count: 130

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 09-Feb-11, 09:43:52 PM »

After seeing Christina Aguilera screw up the National Anthem in Sunday's Superbowl, I thought I'd offer a look back at Whitney Houston's singing of it in Superbowl XXV. If I remember correctly, the year was 1991 - the year that Scott Norwood missed what was to be the winning field goal 'wide to the right', sending Buffalo home winless in the first of their four Superbowl appearances.

HOWEVER, what really made this national anthem special for me, and perhaps for others, was this was  during the early days of Operation Desert Storm, in which we were all watching television broadcasts of US warplanes attacking Baghdad, Kuwait and other military targets in Iraq for the first time - while Iraq had launched SCUD missile attacks of their own only a handful of days before the Superbowl.  I remember how worried I was about the world.  But I also remember how proud I felt as she sung this song. This is how the song should be sung!

Star Spangled Banner(American Anthem) God Bless America

Lou
cmdr2ca
Pipping

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 09-Feb-11, 10:13:54 PM »

YES, YES, YES!!!!!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 09-Feb-11, 11:41:28 PM »

I remember watching her sing...had tears! Great video Paul. Thank you!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 10-Feb-11, 08:29:42 AM »

Clearly, no other person has sung the anthem as well as Whitney did at that superbowl. I remember it well!  clap

-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 10-Feb-11, 08:35:15 AM »

Clearly, no other person has sung the anthem as well as Whitney did at that superbowl. I remember it well!  clap

Don't rock the Anthem. Don't hop-hop it. Don't pimp it. Don't boogie it. Just sing it right! Get some high school kid from the neighbourhood and ask him or her to do it right! It does not need twists and turns and rubbish phrasing. Sing it straight! I am always soooooo embarrassed when I hear these hot rock people go at it. Just get up there, cut the rubbish and sing! Hand on heart and sing!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 10-Feb-11, 08:42:38 AM »

Don't rock the Anthem. Don't hop-hop it. Don't pimp it. Don't boogie it. Just sing it right! Get some high school kid from the neighbourhood and ask him or her to do it right! It does not need twists and turns and rubbish phrasing. Sing it straight! I am always soooooo embarrassed when I hear these hot rock people go at it. Just get up there, cut the rubbish and sing! Hand on heart and sing!

GO BOBBIE!!  2thumbsup

Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 10-Feb-11, 08:59:38 AM »

I'm with you!  Our National Anthem isn't some trendy rock song.  I feel the same about what some of them do to Christmas Carols.  Keep the theatrics on the stage at THEIR OWN concerts, and spare us the rubbishing of classics.
My NOT so humble opinion  handshake
Carol
WV
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 10-Feb-11, 10:10:42 AM »

I'm with you!  Our National Anthem isn't some trendy rock song.  I feel the same about what some of them do to Christmas Carols.  Keep the theatrics on the stage at THEIR OWN concerts, and spare us the rubbishing of classics.
Carol
WV

Go, Carol! For next year's SB, let's suggest they get the high school choir to do it... and give the residuals to the school!!!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 10-Feb-11, 11:46:56 AM »

Carol
WV

Go, Carol! For next year's SB, let's suggest they get the high school choir to do it... and give the residuals to the school!!!

Yeah and NOT Roseann Barr! P2E. I agree, a school choir, an unknown child....NO MORE CELEBS!!! Even 1/2 time should be changed...School bands??? Something interesting!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: