THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:02:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I put a picture/thumbnail into my post?  (Read 8453 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 26-Jul-09, 02:06:40 PM »

There are two options for putting a picture into your post. Both create a small thumbnail preview of the picture that can be clicked on to see the full-size picture.

Online Option
Use this option if the picture you want to put into your post is on a web page online. This is the preferred option because it doesn't use up storage space on Rfalconcam's web server.

1. Right click on the picture, and select <Copy image location> (depending on your browser, it might not match word for word).

2. Type in your message here on the forum, and when you want to insert the picture, click on the little picture icon on the 2nd row just underneath the I icon, which when you hover over it, says <Insert image>.

3. A box will pop up. Paste the image location you copied in step 1 into the box, and then hit <Enter>. It will pop the address, in correct form, into your post for you.

4. Preview or send your message.

NOTE: For pictures from the Rfalconcam Archive Viewer, use its Share button and copy the HTML code to your post.

Offline Option
Use this option if the picture you want to put into your post is on your computer. Try to use this option sparingly because it uses up space on Rfalconcam's web server. If the server runs low on space, your picture will be deleted to make room.

1. Type in your message. When done, click on the <Additional options> button located below the text box.

2. Using the browse function found after <Attach>, find the image on your computer.

3. Make sure it is under 400 KB. Right click on the file in the search box, and click <Properties>). Most times, even smaller will do. If it is not small enough, you will have to edit it on your own computer. If it is, click on <Open>.

4. Either preview or send your message.
« Last Edit: 13-Apr-10, 08:30:49 PM by Shaky » Logged
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 13-Apr-10, 02:08:52 PM »

This topic was recently modified. You might want to read it again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: