THE FORUM

29-Jun-24, 10:48:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 of 7 Whooping Crane Chicks at Necedah Have Died  (Read 1717 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 26-Jul-10, 08:03:49 AM »

NECEDAH, Wis. (WTAQ) - Five of the seven whooping crane chicks that were hatched this year in a central Wisconsin wildlife refuge have apparently died, but the crane migration will go ahead this fall.

The Whooping Crane Eastern Partnership has had trouble getting the cranes to reproduce in the wild at the Necedah National Wildlife Refuge. This spring, 7 crane chicks hatched, but the International Crane Foundation says one of the young birds has been found dead, and a federal team is trying to determine the cause.

Crane Foundation spokeswoman Joan Garland says 4 other chicks are missing, possibly killed by coyotes, raccoons, eagles or other species. She says if the two remaining chicks survive, it's hoped they will be among the 24 birds migrating south for the first time this fall, either behind older cranes or ultra light aircraft.

This is so sad!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26-Jul-10, 12:27:54 PM »

Sad

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-Jul-10, 12:56:30 PM »

crying

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: