THE FORUM

23-Sep-24, 05:21:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gravely injured peregrine falcon makes full recovery, is released in Mountain VA  (Read 1440 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 03-Apr-11, 08:30:58 AM »

A peregrine falcon that suffered life-threatening injuries a year ago after flying into a PG&E high voltage tower was released back into the wild Friday in Mountain View.

Wildlife experts didn't expect the bird of prey to survive her injuries -- all of the flight feathers on her left wing were burned off and her talons were severely wounded, according to a statement released by PG&E. It took workers 12 hours to rescue the raptor.

But with constant care and treatment by Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley staff and volunteers -- funded by PG&E -- the falcon slowly recovered. Exactly a year after she was injured, she made her first tethered flight in February and showed enough progress in recent weeks that officials decided to release her Friday.

Ashley Kinney, shown above releasing the falcon at the Shoreline Park Observation Deck in Mountain View, took care of the bird. "She seemed like a fighter. ... I am very happy she is back home where she belongs," said Kinney, a wildlife rehabilitation supervisor at the Wildlife Center.

-- Daily News Staff Report

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03-Apr-11, 11:55:17 AM »

I love  good news yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: