THE FORUM

23-Sep-24, 03:23:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Splendid seabirds!  (Read 3692 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 08-Jun-11, 05:20:54 AM »

Some excellent photos from the BBC's Springwatch. I am so enjoying the series this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/natureuk/2011/06/in-pictures-stunning-sea-birds.shtml
Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08-Jun-11, 05:50:02 AM »

Outstanding photos!  bow

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-Jun-11, 06:36:26 AM »

Sheesh, could that Puffin get anymore in it's mouth?? I think they are a very unique bird! Thanks Bobbie.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-Jun-11, 07:03:36 AM »

Sheesh, could that Puffin get anymore in it's mouth?? I think they are a very unique bird! Thanks Bobbie.

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Rod and I went to Puffin Island, a wild and windy place off the Kerry coast, with some friends who were licensed ringers/banders. They had to lie on their stomachs and reach into the puffin burrows to get the chicks out and band them. I could only go just so far onto those precipitous cliffs, so I was the Chief Chef... they loved me! Even got to band a few puffin chicks - under guidance. AND when night fell, we listened to the sound of the arriving Manx Shearwaters... I swear this is where the Irish got the "call of the Banshee" from. Splendid critters! And a once-only experience.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-Jun-11, 07:15:29 AM »

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Rod and I went to Puffin Island, a wild and windy place off the Kerry coast, with some friends who were licensed ringers/banders. They had to lie on their stomachs and reach into the puffin burrows to get the chicks out and band them. I could only go just so far onto those precipitous cliffs, so I was the Chief Chef... they loved me! Even got to band a few puffin chicks - under guidance. AND when night fell, we listened to the sound of the arriving Manx Shearwaters... I swear this is where the Irish got the "call of the Banshee" from. Splendid critters! And a once-only experience.

Lucky, lucky girl! Had to be an experience of a life time!! Thanks.

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-Jun-11, 08:13:56 AM »

Lucky, lucky girl! Had to be an experience of a life time!! Thanks.

My dream is to see the puffins up in Nova Scotia.  Got up to Northern Maine once and was going to take the "fast ferry"  to  see them, but somehow never made it.  It's on my bucket list...to see the puffins.

« Last Edit: 08-Jun-11, 08:20:26 AM by Shaky » Logged
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-Jun-11, 05:15:31 PM »

What wonderful seabird pictures!
I like the Gannets and the Razorbill photos best.
Really great.  Thanks Bobbie for sharing.

wow yippee
                      Lola

Lola
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-Jun-11, 06:01:40 PM »

Totally cool photos! Thanks alot Bobbie!!!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: