THE FORUM

20-Sep-24, 04:28:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ABCs of BIRDS - H!  (Read 13751 times)
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 27-Nov-10, 12:58:24 PM »

great House Finch shot, Ei.

I'm always entertained when fledglings, which can look so much larger than their parents, and often have different markings, are demanding food and being fed.
With starlings this can be really funny-looking, like, "HEY, mister! Yeah, YOU! Give me something to eat! "
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 08-Dec-10, 12:38:41 AM »

HOODED CROW

I always saw lots of them in Russia and in Ireland, and they always comported themselves like perfect gangsters.

Here are a couple from Berlin.

Hooded Crow (Corvus cornix) ... is a Eurasian bird species in the crow genus. Widely distributed, it is also known locally as Scotch Crow, Danish Crow, and Corbie or Grey Crow in Ireland, which is what its Welsh name, BrĂ¢n Lwyd, translates as. Found across northern, eastern and southeastern Europe, and the Middle East, it is an ashy grey bird with black head, throat, wings, tail and thigh feathers, as well as a black bill, eyes and feet. Like other corvids it is an omnivorous and opportunistic forager and feeder. (wikipedia)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08-Dec-10, 04:31:41 AM »

HOODED CROW

I always saw lots of them in Russia and in Ireland, and they always comported themselves like perfect gangsters.

Here are a couple from Berlin.

Hooded Crow (Corvus cornix) ... is a Eurasian bird species in the crow genus. Widely distributed, it is also known locally as Scotch Crow, Danish Crow, and Corbie or Grey Crow in Ireland, which is what its Welsh name, BrĂ¢n Lwyd, translates as. Found across northern, eastern and southeastern Europe, and the Middle East, it is an ashy grey bird with black head, throat, wings, tail and thigh feathers, as well as a black bill, eyes and feet. Like other corvids it is an omnivorous and opportunistic forager and feeder. (wikipedia)

Our Hooded Crows - called "Hoodies" - are perfect gentlemen (women)! They wait politely while other corvids wreck the place in their quest for tidbits. They sit right there on the wire as their relatives - the magpies, jackdaws and rooks - argue incessantly. Then down they come, usually as a pair, choose their bit, and head off. Must be a higher-class neighbourhood.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08-Dec-10, 06:06:38 AM »

HOODED CROW

Our Hooded Crows - called "Hoodies" - are perfect gentlemen (women)!

Dale, what a beautiful looking bird. Thanks for posting.

Bobbie, Hoodies??? LOL. I have a few but they are wearable!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: