THE FORUM

22-Sep-24, 05:19:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scottish Peregrines on film  (Read 2646 times)
Neil Grubb
Pipping

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« on: 02-Apr-11, 03:51:24 AM »

It's a long while since I posted and I'm very impressed with the new site layout. The Roslin Glen peregrines did well last year, successfully raising four young. They have paired up again this spring and I'm looking forward to watching their progress.

I have been busy in the past two years, producing a film called Oasis: The Birds of the Esk Valleys. Oasis is my third wildlife film, and first attempt to produce a full length (27 minutes) documentary. Oasis takes the viewer on a journey up the Esk Valleys in Midlothian, Scotland, and looks at the less well known birdlife in the valley. Bird behaviour, songs and calls are all shown in this film. The documentary begins with a description of the Esk Valleys and opens with winter flocks (waxwings, starlings and finches) . Further up the valley, in a steep gorge, ravens and peregrines are encountered and revisited later on. Waterside birds such as kingfisher and dippers have made a remarkable recovery as water quality has improved. Other woodland species such as tawny owls woodpeckers, redstart and nuthatches are studied. Oasis closes by observing some of the passerines of the upland Esk watershed such as whinchat, redpoll and grasshopper warbler. Peregrines are among the stars of the film!

Oasis has been shown at several meetings of wildlife and conservation societies and I'm pleased with the feedback I have received, in particular after it was shown at the Scottish Birdwatchers' Conference two weeks ago. It looks at its best projected an in full high definition, but here is a YouTube version for those who are interested, best viewed after clicking the resolution tab to 720p: Oasis: Birds of the Esk Valley

Oasis is most enjoyable along with some coffee and biscuits (or I guess for most of you folks, cookies!)

Neil
« Last Edit: 02-Apr-11, 09:57:12 AM by Shaky » Logged
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02-Apr-11, 05:54:54 AM »

Beautiful valley

Great video,I hope you will post more often.Especially about the falcons in the Esk valleys.

Greetings carla
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-Apr-11, 06:49:21 AM »

I am going to save this for dessert!

Thanks, Neil!

Slainte!

Bobbie
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-Apr-11, 07:22:45 AM »

Very impressive Neil. I enjoyed watching with my morning coffee, (no cookies). Love the Woodpeckers and the Waxwings. Looking forward to another Peregrine film by YOU! Thank you and good luck with this. Maybe some day, we'll see this on Nat Geo or Animal Planet.  thumbsup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: