THE FORUM

24-Sep-24, 07:21:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Eagle cam' advocate dies helping with Mpls. tornado cleanup (Decorah eagles)  (Read 2568 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 24-May-11, 07:05:28 AM »

MINNEAPOLIS -- A man deeply involved in the raptor project that led to the popular "eagle cam" in Decorah, Iowa, has reportedly died while helping neighbors in north Minneapolis clean up after Sunday's tornados.

A post on the Raptor Resource Project webpage Monday reported the death of Rob MacIntyre, President of the project.

"I have some bad news. Rob MacIntyre has passed away," wrote webmaster Amy Ries. "Rob was the President of the Raptor Resource Project. He was very involved in our work, rappelled with us, and established a new falcon nest last year at Riverview Towers. Rob gave me (Amy) rappel lessons at his home in North Minneapolis, using a large tree in his yard. He was a great guy, always very enthusiastic and encouraging, and he sure loved to rappel. He caught Amy when we were banding at Greysolon in 2006 and named her "Amy" (she was an unbanded adult falcon). We have many great memories of Rob and are shocked and saddened by his passing."

The RRP's Facebook page is stacked with tributes to MacIntyre and the impact he made with his life. 

So sad.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24-May-11, 07:07:07 AM »

How sad Sad

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-May-11, 07:15:52 AM »

Isn't it always the good ones who leave us?
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-May-11, 04:00:23 PM »

That was really sad.  I so feel for his wife dealing with losing Rob and the tornado damage.  I met Rob a few times at bandings and he was so much fun besides having so much experience and knowledge.  He did a lot besides getting the peregrines started again and eagles............

http://treetrust-news.blogspot.com/2011/05/remembering-friend-of-tree-trust.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: