THE FORUM

02-Oct-24, 06:36:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kooky news  (Read 1680 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 28-Nov-09, 11:10:54 PM »

Pig fart mistaken for gas leak

SYDNEY, Nov 26 (AFP) - A flatulent pig sparked a gas emergency in southern Australia Thursday when a farmer mistook its odours for a leaking pipe, officials said.

Fifteen firefighters and two trucks were called to a property at Axedale in central Victoria state after reports of a gas leak, the Country Fire Service said.

"When we got there, as we drove up the driveway, there was this huge sow, about a 120-odd kilo (265-pound) sow, and it was very obvious where the gas was coming from," said fire captain Peter Harkins.

"We could not only smell it, but we heard it and it was quite funny."

Harkins said the pig's owner was "a little bit embarrassed to say the least," and it took fire crews a little while to compose themselves.

"It was fairly obvious what it was. I think we dealt with it fairly professionally and had a bit of a giggle when we got back to the station," he told public broadcaster ABC.

Gardener bites snake to death

NEW DELHI, Nov 9 (Bernama) -- It is not news when a snake bites a man but it is so when a man bites a snake.

Gardener Ramesh Jamda made news last Saturday when he did just that - bite a snake.

The 25-year-old from the eastern coastal state of Orissa's capital Bhubaneswar, angered by a snake which bit one of his thumbs, chewed part of the reptile in retaliation.

Ramesh was on his morning routine mowing grass at a park in the city on Saturday morning when a foot-long rat snake started to nibble one of his thumbs, the Telegraph newspaper reported today.

An omen from above?

MELAKA: Early in the morning last Friday, there were thousands of eagles flying in the sky of Tangga Batu.

The eagles were flying separately and then came together, and this was repeated for several hours.

The local residents talked about this weird situation, wondering whether it was a natural or unnatural phenomenon.

Those eagles began to appear around Kampung Gelam at Tangga Batu between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. last Friday. They kept hovering around, almost covering up the entire sky. Many residents walked out of their homes to stare at the sky for the unusual "performance" by the eagles.

During the past two weeks, earthquakes, tsunamis and typhoons came in succession in countries around the South Pacific. Some Asian countries were affected too; even Melaka could feel the aftershock of the quakes in Indonesia.

Two days ago, a group of crabs appeared at a reservoir at Tengkera Pantai. And now, a flock of eagles took to the sky. Local residents are concerned whether this is a response of animals to imminent natural disasters.

Wang Keping, 52, who first discovered this unusual phenomenon, said the eagles moved like a meandering river in the sky, and that was the first time he saw such a phenomenon having lived there for almost ten years.

"We usually see only one or two eagles in the sky, but now we suddenly have a large flock of eagles appearing and flying very low.

"We can be certain that they are eagles."

Those eagles initially hovered around the dragon fruit orchard, and then headed towards Taman Seri Tanjung while flying at higher altitudes, he said.

"Many birds stayed on the electrical poles motionless, afraid of being attacked by the eagles."

He also said some of the woods around Kampung Gelam could have become the habitat of those eagles.
Ramesh felt a sharp pain in his thumb, only to discover that the snake was attacking it.

Writhing in pain, the gardener tried to shake off the snake but it continued to dig its fangs deeper into his flesh.

According to the newspaper, he used a pair of scissors to remove the snake, and the reptile slipped off.

Fuming in anger, he grabbed the snake and bit it from its tail upwards.

"The young man had torn and chewed two-thirds of the snake in his fury. A few minutes after the act, queasiness set in and, after vomiting a few times, Ramesh fainted," reported the newspaper.

"I was angry when the snake bit me on my finger. I bit it back because that was my way of taking revenge," Ramesh told doctors after regaining consciousness.

His condition is stable. The snake is dead.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: