THE FORUM

04-Oct-24, 03:23:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starlings give back: Flip the bird  (Read 2749 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 05-Dec-09, 06:56:26 AM »

A groups of shocked twitchers found themselves on the end of startling insult as thousands of starlings flipped them the bird.

Reacting like a furious celebrity when faced with a gaggle of paparazzi outside a night club at 3am, the birds showed the assembled twitchers exactly what they thought of the invasion of their privacy.

The flock of hundreds of thousands at Gretna Green in Scotland were heading back to roost at dusk after a long day feeding and clearly were in a twitchy mood.

The birds constantly change shapes in an attempt to outwit predators - any actual insult to the twitchers or the world in general is unlikely to have been intentional.

Photographer Fiona Exon said: 'There were fantastic flowing formations and shapes.'

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05-Dec-09, 07:07:31 AM »

2funny laugh lol rofl hysterical

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-Dec-09, 08:23:38 AM »

A groups of shocked twitchers found themselves on the end of startling insult as thousands of starlings flipped them the bird.

Reacting like a furious celebrity when faced with a gaggle of paparazzi outside a night club at 3am, the birds showed the assembled twitchers exactly what they thought of the invasion of their privacy.

The flock of hundreds of thousands at Gretna Green in Scotland were heading back to roost at dusk after a long day feeding and clearly were in a twitchy mood.

The birds constantly change shapes in an attempt to outwit predators - any actual insult to the twitchers or the world in general is unlikely to have been intentional.

Photographer Fiona Exon said: 'There were fantastic flowing formations and shapes.'

That is way too funny.  I love the way the author of the article had to explain to everyone that the insult wasn't intentional.  Hahahahaha!   laugh 2funny rofl hysterical

Peregrines know no borders.....
valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 05-Dec-09, 04:04:25 PM »

I LOVE IT!   devil heart
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: