THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 08:38:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Henry, Beauty's brother  (Read 2797 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 12-Jun-13, 11:02:37 PM »

Very handsome!

http://www.falconcam-cmnh.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?71083.0 Read about him here! 12 pages of good and bad!

I know I posted this some time ago.

From C & C
Don't know quite how to put this bad news-- have ALOT to say, but restraining myself for now. Anyway, it looks like this nest site has failed. Went up today-- we were anticipating a hatch as of last week and wanted to give it enough time that I wouldn't disrupt Dot with new hatchlings... no trace of eggs, chicks, anything anymore! Maintenance reported that they've been peeking in by just opening the roof access door and they were still seeing an adult at the nest up until this past week, but then they suddenly stopped seeing anyone on the nest and didn't see eggs. Contractors reportedly did some work on the south side last week and the pair was very aggressive with them, but the roof is split off, so they would have had to go through a different door for the north side where the nest is. Maintenance reported that they saw one egg by the north access door (a good 20 feet away from the nest), but there was no trace of even an eggshell there when I checked today. Very, very disheartening... I won't speculate now because I'm a little too emotional. Sorry for the disappointing news.  May 21, 2013

Only positive is that the pair was still present-- they were going onto the original nest ledge and ignored anyone on the roof until I looked around the side and saw them. Got out of the there quickly, but not feeling very optimistic right now.  (Here's part of what happened to Henry and Dot's nest)  Sad

Thanks Kris G for the link.  To get the whole story, you can read the 12 pages to really understand the story.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12-Jun-13, 11:11:57 PM »

Very handsome!

http://www.falconcam-cmnh.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?71083.0 Read about him here! 12 pages of good and bad!

I know I posted this some time ago.

From C & C
Don't know quite how to put this bad news-- have ALOT to say, but restraining myself for now. Anyway, it looks like this nest site has failed. Went up today-- we were anticipating a hatch as of last week and wanted to give it enough time that I wouldn't disrupt Dot with new hatchlings... no trace of eggs, chicks, anything anymore! Maintenance reported that they've been peeking in by just opening the roof access door and they were still seeing an adult at the nest up until this past week, but then they suddenly stopped seeing anyone on the nest and didn't see eggs. Contractors reportedly did some work on the south side last week and the pair was very aggressive with them, but the roof is split off, so they would have had to go through a different door for the north side where the nest is. Maintenance reported that they saw one egg by the north access door (a good 20 feet away from the nest), but there was no trace of even an eggshell there when I checked today. Very, very disheartening... I won't speculate now because I'm a little too emotional. Sorry for the disappointing news.  May 21, 2013

Only positive is that the pair was still present-- they were going onto the original nest ledge and ignored anyone on the roof until I looked around the side and saw them. Got out of the there quickly, but not feeling very optimistic right now.  (Here's part of what happened to Henry and Dot's nest)  Sad

Thanks Kris G for the link.  To get the whole story, you can read the 12 pages to really understand the story.

Beauty runs in the family!  Wink

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
dogwalker
Big Clutch

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-Jun-13, 07:40:09 AM »

What a handsome boy, yes Beauty does run in the family.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: