THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 10:28:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Staying logged on 24/7  (Read 3886 times)
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« on: 03-Aug-09, 01:36:39 PM »

I just noticed it is easier for me to not logout each time.  I come back and I don't have to login.  I can't seem to set up automatically log me in like I do for most other forums.  I have Firefox and I usually just check the Remember me for the site.  It doesn't seem to come up here.

My question:  Is it OK to just stay logged in?  The timer seems to only count the time I am actually fooling around, er, reading posts, on the forum.

???

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03-Aug-09, 08:49:23 PM »

I just noticed it is easier for me to not logout each time.  I come back and I don't have to login.  I can't seem to set up automatically log me in like I do for most other forums.  I have Firefox and I usually just check the Remember me for the site.  It doesn't seem to come up here.

My question:  Is it OK to just stay logged in?  The timer seems to only count the time I am actually fooling around, er, reading posts, on the forum.

???

Hi Bonnie,

When you enter the forum you can log in 2 ways - right there on the home page and use the "forever" time or click on the "login" link and choose "keep me permanently logged in".  It's okay to do this.  One thing to mention, though, is that when you empty your browser cache (dump temp files, etc), it will clear out your login and you'll have to log in again.  Not a bad thing though, that little perk saved me a ton of time this weekend!   Cheesy

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 03-Aug-09, 10:33:27 PM »

There is no problem staying logged in unless you share your computer with other people. Then you should log out so they can't access your account.
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 03-Aug-09, 11:10:58 PM »

Thanks, Shaky.  Baerbel answered on chat today.  It's good to know there are several people keeping track of us.

mbanana

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: