THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 02:19:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Story Behind the New Main Cam Install  (Read 10003 times)
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« on: 14-Jan-10, 05:28:11 PM »

I've updated my blog with a report on our work to upgrade the Main camera at the Times Square building this morning.  Besides the work (it's its own reward, you know), we got to see Beauty in all her, um, beauty.  Read about it here:

http://marchlords.com/birdblog/2010/01/beauty-shows-up-for-new-mega-main-cam.html

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14-Jan-10, 06:46:17 PM »

What a great story and pics...good job.  clap The Main cams pics are wonderful. Beauty seems mellow now but let's just wait til Spring when the old Hormones kick in......then we'll see what a woman she is. Thanks so much.  thumbsup

valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 14-Jan-10, 06:50:19 PM »

Great job and great pics!  I noticed a flagpole....  Is it on TS or another building?  Yeah, I'm an old flag-waver and proud of it!  Babies on top of that pole - that is a picture to look forward to.   clap
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-Jan-10, 08:11:10 PM »

I've updated my blog with a report on our work to upgrade the Main camera at the Times Square building this morning.  Besides the work (it's its own reward, you know), we got to see Beauty in all her, um, beauty.  Read about it here:

http://marchlords.com/birdblog/2010/01/beauty-shows-up-for-new-mega-main-cam.html

Nice blog, Jim and nice pictures.  I don't know what is scarier-- looking up and seeing a peregrine's behind or a peregrine looking back!  Either can have frightening consequences  happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-Jan-10, 12:39:53 AM »

Hi Jim,

great and interesting picture report.

Greetings
Annette

valhalla
« Reply #5 on: 15-Jan-10, 06:22:17 AM »

Wow!  That is a great image being transmitted!  It is still dark out and the nest box looks great.   thumbsup
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 15-Jan-10, 07:43:19 AM »

Of course, no story about the new Main Camera would be complete without thanking everyone for making such generous donations. Rfalconcam couldn't have done it without you. In fact, Rfalconcam wouldn't exist if people didn't care about the falcons. There just wouldn't be a demand for it.

Thank you.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-Jan-10, 07:49:15 AM »

Here, here!  Thanks to all the Rochester Falcons devoted fans.   notworthy

You guys/gals are the best!   thumbsup

As Shaky said, the new cameras and equipment would not have been possible without your help.   clap

Thanks to all of you!!!   2thumbsup

Carol P.

Of course, no story about the new Main Camera would be complete without thanking everyone for making such generous donations. Rfalconcam couldn't have done it without you. In fact, Rfalconcam wouldn't exist if people didn't care about the falcons. There just wouldn't be a demand for it.

Thank you.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-Jan-10, 08:03:34 AM »

Nice blog, Jim and nice pictures.  I don't know what is scarier-- looking up and seeing a peregrine's behind or a peregrine looking back!  Either can have frightening consequences  happy

I've seen what happens when you're just below a Peregrine's behind.  It's not a pretty sight!   scared blue Shocked surprise

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15-Jan-10, 10:50:33 AM »

I've seen what happens when you're just below a Peregrine's behind.  It's not a pretty sight!   scared blue Shocked surprise

rofl rofl rofl

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15-Jan-10, 01:00:24 PM »

WOW!  You are the best!!  The pictures from the camera are INCREDIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 bow thumbsup 2thumbsup

Lynne in New Hampshire
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 15-Jan-10, 01:08:13 PM »

WOW!  You are the best!!  The pictures from the camera are INCREDIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 bow thumbsup 2thumbsup

Congratulations on your first post, Lynne!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15-Jan-10, 01:20:57 PM »

WOW!  You are the best!!  The pictures from the camera are INCREDIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 bow thumbsup 2thumbsup

Hey Lynne!!!! Where ya been? ???  Glad your here.   clap

Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-Jan-10, 04:13:42 PM »

I am always here!  Read everything every day!  Can't wait to see if we get to use the cam for something besides weather reports!!! hysterical

Lynne in New Hampshire
valhalla
« Reply #14 on: 15-Jan-10, 04:16:29 PM »

I am always here!  Read everything every day!  Can't wait to see if we get to use the cam for something besides weather reports!!! hysterical

The snow is melting, I see  2thumbsup
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: