THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 04:57:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1920s Photo of Subway Construction at Broad & Exchange Streets  (Read 2291 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« on: 12-Dec-13, 09:15:59 AM »

Notice there is no Times Square Building in the photo and no Mercury statue.  The Times Square Building was  built in 1929 and Mercury was across the street and out of the picture.  Scroll down for a fine postcard depiction of the brand-spanking new Times Square Building.

http://www.rochestersubway.com/topics/2013/12/1920-photo-of-rochester-subway-construction/

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12-Dec-13, 06:48:48 PM »

It's such a unique looking building-perfect for Falcons with its cliff-like presence.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-Dec-13, 10:53:49 PM »

An interesting thing I noticed in this article is that in the picture of the construction site that would become the Times Square Building, the building next door has a sign on it that says "Times Square Supper Club."  I sure would love to know the story of the "Times Square" name.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: