THE FORUM

01-May-24, 05:09:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choosing nest site  (Read 2790 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 16-Mar-16, 08:17:01 AM »

I have a question...

As I understand it, the female will eventually choose the nest site, right? But with two decent sites in ROC, is it even remotely possible that Beauty and DC could maintain TWO sites? I doubt it, but since their loyalties seem divided, I was wondering. Probably not, what with incubation, subsequent feeding. No other females around, right? So DC would not be sharing his time and efforts this breeding season.

Probably a dumb one... but thanks!

wave

(Again... good to see those cameras back up... another Well Done to Shaky & Co.)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16-Mar-16, 08:48:47 AM »

The male will present the female with potential nest sites and she will choose which one she prefers.

I believe there have been extremely rare instances of eggs showing up in 2 places but only 1 will be incubated. VERY unlikely that would happen here.

Beauty & Dot.ca are an experienced well bonded pair now. I would be willing to bet they will choose Times Square since they have been successful there.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-Mar-16, 09:21:01 AM »

Thanks, Ei! Funny how one can "never say never" when it comes to wild things. Nature makes its own decisions... every time! I think we would all like to see them back at Times Square. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: