THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 11:07:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Watch  (Read 5485 times)
Lisa McK
Eyas

Like Count: 61

View Profile
« on: 08-Feb-10, 01:11:07 PM »

How come I can't post my falcon watch in the Falcon Watches section?
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08-Feb-10, 01:13:46 PM »

How come I can't post my falcon watch in the Falcon Watches section?

Only Mods can post their watches there Lisa.

Lisa McK
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-Feb-10, 01:27:35 PM »

But I am a local falcon watcher.  Does this mean my post don't matter.  ???

So people can only see my watch reports in Rochester Falconcam Discussions??  confused
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-Feb-10, 01:48:36 PM »

But I am a local falcon watcher.  Does this mean my post don't matter.  ???

So people can only see my watch reports in Rochester Falconcam Discussions??  confused

Well....pretty much. Maybe you can discuss that with the higher ups. Yes, of course your posts matter. Maybe Carol or Shaky can post it over on Imprints. Was a great watch and deserves recognition....especially with 3 falcons.  2thumbsup clap notworthy

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-Feb-10, 01:52:42 PM »

Lisa, I think you can post it over at imprints....you would have to sign up...log in and then post. There are directions over there.

http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/?page_id=6

Lisa McK
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-Feb-10, 03:56:25 PM »

So let me see if I understand this?  Falcon watch reports can only be posted in Falcon Watches by moderators, some who don't even live in the Rochester area.  All others must post Falcon Watch reports some where else?  Possibly the section labeled Discussion of Rochester Falcons.  Also falcon watch reports can be posted on Imprints.  Ok so where do I tell a newby to look for falcon watch reports?  All of the above rofl

I thought using this site would clear up my confusion, now I"m really confused.  ???

I guess I'm just a fan of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).  Why can't all falcon watch reports be in the section titled "Falcon Watches"?  wave
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 08-Feb-10, 07:20:54 PM »

Falcon watch reports are to be posted in the FalconWatch blog as they were before the Forum came into existence. Nothing has changed.

Reports posted there are automatically echoed to the Falcon Watches board on the Forum. They are also tweeted to Rfalconcam's followers on Twitter, and updates are sent to friends on FaceBook. The reports are also reposted on the Kfalconcam message board, which then emails them to people who choose to receive Kfalconcam posts as email. This ensures the widest possible distribution of falcon watch reports without you having to type them in more than once.

If you have problems logging in to the FalconWatch blog, contact Kenn.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 09-Feb-10, 09:17:57 AM »

Falcon watch reports are to be posted in the FalconWatch blog as they were before the Forum came into existence. Nothing has changed.

Reports posted there are automatically echoed to the Falcon Watches board on the Forum. They are also tweeted to Rfalconcam's followers on Twitter, and updates are sent to friends on FaceBook. The reports are also reposted on the Kfalconcam message board, which then emails them to people who choose to receive Kfalconcam posts as email. This ensures the widest possible distribution of falcon watch reports without you having to type them in more than once.

If you have problems logging in to the FalconWatch blog, contact Kenn.

Here are the URLs.

FalconWatch blog: http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatch

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rfalconcam

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rochester.falconcam (I would like to see this changed to simply http://www.facebook.com/rfalconcam -- Jess, are you reading this?)

The FalconWatch blog was started in mid 2008 to help with fledge watches by providing watchers with useful information as well as a place to enter and organize their reports. But because not everyone read the blog, watchers had to also post their reports on kfalconcam, violating the KISS rule.

With the advent of the Forum and some under-the-hood software tricks, it is now possible to enter watch reports just once and have them automatically broadcasted on these popular channels. All that is required is for watchers to sign up for a FalconWatch account and follow some simple guidelines when posting their reports.
Lisa McK
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10-Feb-10, 09:15:08 AM »

Thank you for the clarification.  I am trying to get use to the forum and occassionally get frustrated with it.

Thanks,
Lisa McK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: