THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:51:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lurkers Come Out Day! 2015  (Read 24550 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 13-Feb-15, 03:36:13 PM »

Oh wow, you're up in the high rent district on the 18th floor! Smiley  I was on the 5th floor.  It's a beautiful building, parking is handy, the cafeteria is great, and you don't have to go outside to go to the library (old or new, there is a tunnel) or Tim Horton's.  Can you tell I miss being in B&L?

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16-Feb-15, 07:06:57 AM »

Due to the bitter cold, snowy weather, the Lurkers Come Out Day has been extended!   yahoo

Peregrines know no borders.....
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16-Feb-15, 07:27:14 AM »

I started way back in 2001 or 2002.  I still read the board every day, but don't post much.  I sure enjoy both the Falcon discussion as well as the general nature topics.  Thank you all so much!

Nora in Florida
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16-Feb-15, 07:38:14 AM »

I started way back in 2001 or 2002.  I still read the board every day, but don't post much.  I sure enjoy both the Falcon discussion as well as the general nature topics.  Thank you all so much!

Hi Nora!  Always nice to hear from you.   wave

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16-Feb-15, 08:29:22 AM »

wave Hiya, Nora!!

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16-Feb-15, 08:30:30 AM »

Due to the bitter cold, snowy weather, the Lurkers Come Out Day has been extended!   yahoo

June. How about June?? Would that be good??
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16-Feb-15, 08:41:00 AM »

June. How about June?? Would that be good??

I don't know Bobbie.  This is Rochester after all.  July maybe.   Cool

bess440
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17-Feb-15, 09:31:31 AM »

Oh wow, you're up in the high rent district on the 18th floor! Smiley  I was on the 5th floor.  It's a beautiful building, parking is handy, the cafeteria is great, and you don't have to go outside to go to the library (old or new, there is a tunnel) or Tim Horton's.  Can you tell I miss being in B&L?

Hi Patsy - Gee - I didn't know we'll be in the high rent district!  More importantly, we can get to Tim Horton's without going outside???  Oh boy!!  2thumbsup  I hope I like B&L as much as you did.  Stay tuned.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17-Feb-15, 09:42:30 AM »

Yes, you can get to Tim Horton's without going outside.  You'll have to go through the garage, so you may need a coat, but no boots.   2thumbsup

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Colleen T
Fledgling

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17-Feb-15, 12:37:56 PM »

Okay, so I'm really late, but this is the first time I've checked in in a very long time.  Better late than never??

I mostly lurk, but during the busy season I may pipe up from time to time.  In the old days we used to post pics with funny captions more often and I did that once in a while.

I've been around since 2000?  2001?  Something like that.

Didn't watch much last year, very busy, so don't have a favorite moment.

Favorite falcon - Kaver, our cutie patootie.  Never forget when he fed Mariah after she was hurt.  Still brings tears to my eyes.

Nature by me - fall hawk migration on Mount Wachusett.  It's about 20 minutes away and I love it.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17-Feb-15, 01:03:14 PM »

Hi Colleen!  You're not late at all.  It's great hearing from you. 

That 2006 season was hard to watch, but in the end, it turned out to be a great year.  Two of the three surviving fledglings went on to find their own nest sites and mates, and raised young of their own.  Seeing Kaver feed an injured Mariah was one of the most memorable moments in all the years I've watched the Rochester Falcons.

wave

OlRedHair
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17-Feb-15, 06:34:00 PM »

Great to hear from everyone!

Nora in Florida

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nora in Florida
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18-Feb-15, 06:45:40 AM »

It sure is Nora!  I hope more falcon fans come out of lurking.   the_wave

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18-Feb-15, 07:33:29 AM »

lurker
a person who reads the posts on a forum, message board, etc, but does not post  Urban dictionary

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19-Feb-15, 12:08:49 AM »

I'm certainly no lurker, but I have been gone for a while.  My husband, Frank, had surgery 2 weeks ago and I've have had my hands full with him & all this dang snow!  He's doing fine, nothing really serious, but he can't lift more than 10 lbs for a while! So that leaves the snow removal to me- almost 55 years old and used the snow blower for the first time in my life! haha! Not bad, until it broke! Out for repairs, yet I do believe it is snowing out there again! I am SOOOO looking forward to Spring & becoming a watcher! yahoo

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: