THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 03:04:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Monday snow storm  (Read 3196 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« on: 09-Feb-15, 08:16:04 AM »

I really have had enough. Once again the road crews did a totally awful job...4 wheel drive was 4 wheel skid the whole way in to work today. With an idiot on my bumper the whole way.

I suppose I should be grateful I got here in one piece. But I am really really tired of it...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09-Feb-15, 08:31:05 AM »

I really have had enough. Once again the road crews did a totally awful job...4 wheel drive was 4 wheel skid the whole way in to work today. With an idiot on my bumper the whole way.

I suppose I should be grateful I got here in one piece. But I am really really tired of it...

It certainly could have been worse for us here in Rochester.  The road crews did a fairly good job here in Greece (town to the northwest of Rochester), but still a slow, steady and slippery go all the way into work.  Hope it's easier for you on the trip home Ei!

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-Feb-15, 06:25:01 PM »

If you move to Rochester you'll have to get used to a lot more snow than where you live now Ei!  snowing

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-Feb-15, 06:56:38 PM »

If you move to Rochester you'll have to get used to a lot more snow than where you live now Ei!  snowing

It's not the amount of snow at all. It's the road crews not doing their job. It was only 6 inches of light fluffy snow. No salt no sand no plow...nothing! Mountains in the middle of the road where people had plowed out their driveways...not even touched by a road plow. If they cancel school they don't even try to plow.

It never used to be like this. The past 2 years have been horrible. It seems ever since they started using brine on the road before a storm they don't bother plowing until well after 9. Coming home was a relative breeze...and there was another 6 inches after I left this morning.

A friend used to have a side job plowing driveways. She gave it up this year. She missed too many jobs last year because she couldn't get to them through the unplowed roads.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-Feb-15, 06:00:27 AM »

Have a safe and speedier journey to work today, Ei! Poor you - and everyone! - in such conditions. Our Tax Dollars at Work...
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-Feb-15, 06:20:06 AM »

Have a safe and speedier journey to work today, Ei! Poor you - and everyone! - in such conditions. Our Tax Dollars at Work...

Thanks Bobbie!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: