THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 12:27:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Utica Falcon Cam 2015  (Read 30192 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 17-Jul-15, 01:07:29 PM »

clap 2thumbsup yahoo

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22-Jul-15, 05:21:35 PM »

http://www.uticaperegrinefalcons.com/2015/07/20/recent-happenings-with-comet-and-skye/

Skye still being bombed by mom!! Not making it easy for him!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22-Jul-15, 11:10:50 PM »

http://www.uticaperegrinefalcons.com/2015/07/20/recent-happenings-with-comet-and-skye/

Skye still being bombed by mom!! Not making it easy for him!!

I can relate to watching the swooping- man, I can't tell ya how unsettling it was to watch DC swoop on Beauty at the nest box-talons down!!!  scared blue

-John Burroughs
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23-Jul-15, 08:14:01 PM »

I keep hoping Astrid will settle down; she doesn't want to accept her own son, and yet in Montreal, Spirit and Arthurin were willing to accept a juvie they did not know into their family.

I have not seen either juvie at the nest, but one of the parents was there a few minutes ago:

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27-Jul-15, 09:40:31 AM »

Astrid, Ares and Comet have all been seen this morning but so far Skye has not been located. If any of you come to the downtown area and see Skye please post here so that we will know. Of course you can always text or call me at 717-2042 (Deb). 22 hours ago

It took until dark to be sure but all 4 falcons are confirmed!!
Good Night Everyone and thanks for all the help tonight!!!  Posted last night!!   clap

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27-Jul-15, 09:46:01 AM »

2thumbsup

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27-Jul-15, 01:09:53 PM »

phew

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 31-Jul-15, 10:07:07 AM »

All 4 Falcons were verified by Watchers today. It was so nice to see Skye fly 3 times tonight! His flights were perfect as were his landings. Astrid watched him fly twice possibly all 3 times and never hazed him once!
Thanks Pam and Sandy for watching with me tonight. And thanks to Matt for spotting Comet earlier today and Astrid tonight. Great teamwork!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24-Nov-15, 08:45:07 AM »

This news is very troubling.  Around 20 pigeons and other birds have been found dead in downtown Utica over the past weekend.  I'm hoping for the best for Astrid and Ares. 

http://www.uticaod.com/article/20151123/NEWS/151129807

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 24-Nov-15, 09:46:39 AM »

Not good at all!  Shocked

-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24-Nov-15, 12:33:11 PM »

Apparently Astrid and Ares have been seen as recently as this morning, so that's good news.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30-Nov-15, 10:18:22 PM »

From Facebook today:

Hi Everyone,
We received another report today of corn in the downtown area. Please continue to alert us of any corn you find, any pigeons that appear to be injured or unable to fly and any dead pigeons.
We need to protect our falcons from this assumed poison. The falcons are still an endangered species and protected by law. Our falcons are year round residents and survive the winter months mostly on pigeons - please help protect them!!
If you have any information that may be related to this issue please contact us - you can e-mail - falconwatch185@gmail.com or call or text my cell 315-717-2042. We will keep all information confidential.
Please do not attempt to collect any corn or pigeons - we do not want anyone exposed to the potential poison.
Thank you all for your help!!!
Deb

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08-Dec-15, 05:08:47 PM »

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to let you all know that both Astrid and Ares were around this morning and appear to be healthy.
If you see any injured or dead pigeons in the Utica area please alert us so that we may check them out. We are still awaiting test results from the DEC and are still recovering dead pigeons.
You can reach us by e-mail falconwatch185@gmail.com or call my cell - 315-717-2042
Thanks so much for all of your efforts to keep our falcons safe!!
Deb

Good news! Hate poisons!! Sad

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08-Dec-15, 08:51:50 PM »

good news

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 22-Dec-15, 05:20:52 PM »

UPDATE - We received information that some of the pigeons we collected and turned over to the DEC had in fact ingested poison. The DEC is investigating and will update us once they have completed their investigation.
We do know that the poison is metabolized very quickly and the likelihood of the Peregrines or other animals becoming poisoned from the affected pigeons is slim. However we will continue to monitor the falcons and the downtown area.
Please feel free to notify us of any dead or injured pigeons, especially if they are found with corn. Please do NOT touch or handle the pigeons or corn with bare hands. We will be happy to recover them as we have gloves and bags on hand.
You can alert us via e-mail at falconwatch185@gmail.com or text or call my cell 315-717-2042 (Deb).
Thank you all for your help and concern for both the falcons and the pigeons!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: