THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 04:38:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAK's surgery  (Read 66489 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 08-Apr-15, 12:58:07 PM »

I didn't get a call yet but Jeanne called Unity Hosp. and MAK is in recovery. I will post more when I hear from her sister in law. At least it's over! Thanks Jeanne.  heart

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08-Apr-15, 01:27:51 PM »

I didn't get a call yet but Jeanne called Unity Hosp. and MAK is in recovery. I will post more when I hear from her sister in law. At least it's over! Thanks Jeanne.  heart

Thanks Jeanne & Donna! Been sending healing thoughts...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-Apr-15, 01:58:13 PM »

OK, Sue just called me, MAK had the long surgery, they took a foot of her Colon out because she had so much scar tissue from her Hysterectomy and that scar tissue was pretty bad, it attached it's self to her bladder. They did what they can, tested it for leaks, (sounds weird) and she is in recovery. It was not a pleasant surgery for our MAK. This is what I know so far. It went pretty well for her, now she has to recover and take it easy! PHEW!!!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-Apr-15, 02:12:29 PM »

At least it's over and she can rest and recover now. 

Thanks Donna, Jeanne and Sue for the update!

Peregrines know no borders.....
amytraveler
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-Apr-15, 02:18:37 PM »

Thanks so much for the update.  Praying all goes well fro here on.  Sounds like a difficult and extensive surgery

Jeannine
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-Apr-15, 02:27:23 PM »

Donna, thank you so much!  Sounds like a miserable surgery but at least it is done! 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-Apr-15, 02:32:19 PM »

Can only get better after all that!!  She's a fighter and will be out watching Falcon's soon !!  Prayers her way-thanks for updates!

Lynne in New Hampshire
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-Apr-15, 02:46:53 PM »

Glad to know the surgery is over and that she is in recovery.  It won't be easy for her, but I'll bet this is the worst it'll be.  And I think it's entirely fitting that she's being taken care of by the "Unity" health care system.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-Apr-15, 02:54:06 PM »

From the sounds of it, MAK did excellent in surgery!  Four hours is a good time and not uncommon for some attachment to bladder. And if they tested for leaks and they didn't find any that means she did not end up with an ostomy(opening thro stomach for waste to come out, while re-attached colon heals) and this is FANTASTIC! Which means she does not have to have any further surgery to re-connect in the future! My husband Frank had the surgery in Feb and wasn't as lucky and ended up with the ostomy(but it hasn't been that bad) and will go for the re-connect on April 23rd. Glad things went well for her! clap

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-Apr-15, 02:58:34 PM »

I just spoke to MAK's sister-in-law.  In addition to what Donna shared, MAK was not back in her room as of 2:30pm.  Her doctor says she has to be up and moving right away at least three walks a day around the station. No rest for her.  Her sis-in-law said she would hang a bird in front of her if that would help.  That made me think...I still have Baron von Pefa on my fridge. Think I'll try that when I visit. LOL
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-Apr-15, 03:11:48 PM »

O yes, Joyce, they get them up and moving right away! Baron von Pefa sounds like a great idea! rofl

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-Apr-15, 03:21:09 PM »

I just spoke to MAK's sister-in-law.  In addition to what Donna shared, MAK was not back in her room as of 2:30pm.  Her doctor says she has to be up and moving right away at least three walks a day around the station. No rest for her.  Her sis-in-law said she would hang a bird in front of her if that would help.  That made me think...I still have Baron von Pefa on my fridge. Think I'll try that when I visit. LOL

Bring it on Joyce!! LOL

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08-Apr-15, 03:42:06 PM »

MAK's rm # is 3415, in case anyone wants to know!  wave

amytraveler
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-Apr-15, 04:23:29 PM »

Thx Donna!

Jeannine
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08-Apr-15, 05:24:07 PM »

Glad to hear she's coming along. I have my Baron von Pefa in my car...he rides with me everywhere!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: